Recent content by pettinz

1. P

WD Red 8TB non PRO for 12 bays

Hi guys, I read on the WD website that the RED series (non PRO) is for NAS with at most 8 bays. There is someone here that has tried these HD on more than 8 bays without any issue? I need a solution for 12 bays. Thank you in advance.
  2. P

Raid5 grow time

Ok now I have another question... It will take SO long, so What happen if power fails or current blows? Is there a way to continue the reshape after a "accidental" shutdown?
  3. P

Raid5 grow time

md16 : active raid6 sdr1[6] sdl1[0] sdq1[5] sdp1[4] sdo1[3] sdn1[2] sdm1[1] 23441561600 blocks super 1.2 level 6, 512k chunk, algorithm 2 [7/7] [UUUUUUU] [============>........] reshape = 60.8% (3568739840/5860390400) finish=881.0min speed=43349K/sec bitmap: 2/44 pages [8KB]...
  4. P

Raid5 grow time

Performing changes "live" will not increase the time of growth ?
  5. P

Raid5 grow time

Thank you for your answer, I have some issues to read that file but I will. Now I have some questions. Do you suggest to make directly a RAID-6 on the initial setup of 4x8TB drives? Before growing up the array, should I unmount the array? Or it can be online while growing up? Can I add multiple...
  6. P

Raid5 grow time

Hi, I have a Rackmount with a LSI-9011-8i. Now I have 2x8TB drives (one of these full) and I'm planning to buy another 4 of these drives (WD80EFAX) to build a RAID-5 with mdadm. (Now the 2 drives are NOT in RAID) If I create a RAID-5 with the new 4x8TB drives, how long will it take to grow, if I...
  7. P

Raid5 with HDD of different model.

I found these differences between the 2 disks: Compare WD Red WD80EFAX AND WD Red WD80EFZX What I understand is that WD80EFAX are the updated version of WD80EFZX, so the WD80EFZX will come out of production. So I can only change the failed drive (WD80EFZX) with one of the new serie (WD80EFAX).
  8. P

I have a question. The WD80EFAX are from 2018, they "should be" the updated version of the WD80EFZX from 2016. Now, who built a RAID of several disks in 2016, using the WD80EFZX serie, and now in 2018 a disk fails, does he have to change all the disks because of WD80EFAX? It seems absurd. I'm...
  9. P

Hi, i have two Western Digital RED 8TB (WD80EFZX). I need to buy other two disk and build a software RAID5 with the others. Now, the WD80EFZX serie have been replaced by WD80EFAX (Western Digital RED 8TB). I use a LSI-92118i in ITmode and I will setup the raid using mdadm. Do I have problem if...
  10. P

Epyc in h265 transcoding

Hi, I’m looking for a CPU good enough to handle 2-4 simultaneously 1080p h265 transcoding and at least 1 4K. Does an Epyc 7281 work for this job? Is a Xeon e5-2640 v4 better?
  11. P

Installing OS on a RAID system

No I can’t I need more space for software and data and I need redundancy for this data
  12. P

Talking about UEFI, what do you suggest? As I said, soon I will change my motherboard and CPU. If I install the OS in UEFI mode, what will happen if I change the motherboard?
  13. P

Thank you for your exhaustive answer. If I have the OS setted up on a RAID 1 (of 2 SSD) that I created during the OS installation, I will able to boot the OS also if a SSD is broken?
  14. P

Hi, I thought to install Debian OS on a RAID 1 system. Now I read that I can install the OS making the RAID directly on the motherboard (hardware RAID I think) or during the installing process (software RAID I think), but I have a few questions... 1) What happen if a disk will fail? I think...
  15. P

Media Server Build

Are you sure? 0 results on Google