Recent content by pettakos

1. pettakos

IBM m1015 Problems...

Nice to hear that. I am buying it.
  2. pettakos

IBM m1015 Problems...

Can I populate the first pci-e with a graphics card, if needed, and the other three with the controllers?
  3. pettakos

IBM m1015 Problems...

Has anybody tried the new Asus Z87-WS with three IBM M1015's or even LSI 9211-8I's?
  4. pettakos

Asus Z87-WS IBM M1015

Is it possible to use 3 pci-e x8 HBA's (IBM M1015) flashed to IT mode, no Bios, with Asus Z87-WS? Even if I plan to populate the first pci-e with a graphics card in the future? I know that the boards runs them in x8x8x8x8 mode when all four are populated.
  5. pettakos

IBM M1015 Experiences

Have you also checked other brand's 4TB drives with M1015?
  6. pettakos

Supermicro AOC-SASLP-MV8

Is it possible to flash it without bios (option rom) in order to speed up boot process?
  7. pettakos

Wanted: IBM M1015

Is it new or used?
  8. pettakos

Wanted: IBM M1015

I am in need of an IBM M1015 shipped to Europe. p.m.
  9. pettakos

Firmware Update IBM ServeRAID M1015

I guess the card is in IT mode, because there are 8 drives attached which can be accessed separately. These are data drives and will remain so, I am not going to boot from the card. I installed in Win7 x64 LSI storage manager and it states that the card is LSI 9211-8i. My M/B is an Asus P8Z68-V...
  10. pettakos

I was probably not clear enough. I am not running into any issues with the card, thereby there is no specific need to update the firmware (P14) running in IT mode just fine. What I do need is to get rid of the ROM and the BIOS in order to speed up boot time process. How can I do that?
  11. pettakos

How can you update the card's firmware without ROM and Bios in Windows 7?
  12. pettakos

IBM M1015 HDD Smart

I am also not booting from the controller, I am using an Intel 520 60GB ssd for the OS, the controller is solely used for data drives.
  13. pettakos

IBM M1015 HDD Smart

I used to attach my hard drives to a Supermicro AOC-SALP-MV8, since it was the only controller I had. Using it under Win 7 X64 with Drive Bender as storage pooling utility, S.M.A.R.T. data was displayed for each one of the drives. So, I bought Ibm M1015 in order to get rid of the Supermicro. I...
  14. pettakos

IBM M1015 HDD Smart

I installed a recently acquired Ibm M1015 flashed in IT mode in a Win7 machine, attached 7 drives (all WD 2TB and 3TB Greens), works flawlessly very satisfied, but it does not passthrough any smart hard drive data. How can I overcome this annoyance, if I can?
  15. pettakos

LSI 9207-8i - Successor to 9211?

I guess the same applies to me as well. I am running WHS 2011, with 8 mechanical drives on a Supermicro AOC-SASLP-MV8, and planning on replacing it with sth faster like the above mentioned controller. Would I benefit from it, or should I spend less than that on an IBM M1015. It is mainly used...