Recent content by Pestx

1. P

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

I have no equipment to plug the fiber in (yet), that's why I wanted to try to force it up. Apparently on some device, you can connect to it, even with no fiber plugged in it. I'll look at the link you provided and try to eventually solder it if needed. Thank you. Edit: I tried with another old...
  2. P

It's a Nokia/Alcatel G-010S-A. When I plug it in my ICX it stays down. SSH@leswitch#show run interface ethernet 1/3/4 SSH@leswitch# no conf on port just untag Vlan, and port stays down: SSH@leswitch#show interfaces ethernet 1/3/4 10GigabitEthernet1/3/4 is down, line protocol is down Port...
  3. P

Hello, I have a GPON SFP and I'd like to connect to it via its internal IP, for testing purposes (how to backup partition, flash it, etc.) Problem is that I don't have anything (equipment to connect the fiber) to plug in it for the moment. On old Cisco switchs I remember that there was a no...
  4. P

Thanks for your quick answer Matt !
  5. P

I have a dumb question: is the boot time of the ICX affected by the number of Lan declared inside the switch ? I have had at home a TP Link TL-SG3424. One day after a power failure, my switch didn't boot. I thought it was dead, but in fact it eventually boot but in 40 minutes. I had made trunks...
  6. P

Hello, Long time lurker, first post here. I pulled the trigger for a 6610-24p, and I'm currently on page 60 out 210, keep reading 'til the end ;) Thanks @fohdeesha for you work here !