Recent content by penetal

1. P

Supermicro Backplane BPN-SAS2-846EL1 Fan Control

I realize this might not be good enough for you, but as he shows in the video it should work well and be pretty cheap, with the bonus of sound+vibration dampening:
  2. P

I am not planning on using all the hdd slots so I just added in a noctua low noise adapter on each fan, and unless the disks fry due to it that is the end of the story I think.
  3. P

I am not 100% sure, but before I break my back taking it out of the rack again, where would I connect the cable to? There is a small power board in there, but no "escape" for any cables other than the sff cables to connect to another computer, so if they need to go from inside the chassis to...
  4. P

The temp should show up as normal temperature for disks so it would just be a simple script to control it with that as the base for the speed level, however I can see how this is easier, I have 3d printed out new cages for the fans so some 80mm noctua fans will fit and will be using that at...
  5. P

Hei, I am trying to control the fan speed of the fans in my sc847 which has 2 backplanes, one being the BPN-SAS2-846EL1, I am using TrueNas Scale so it is linux based, but I am hoping we can help eachother. I am able to get some response when using sg_ses --index=coo,0 --set=speed_code=1...