Recent content by Patriot

1. Patriot

The truth about CPU power consumption

Efficiency is all about power/watt, Many people have waaay more compute than they need, myself included. My expertise is in accelerated workflow scaling. My homelab is pretty heavy iron. My nas, is weak and old because it doesn't need more... it is slated for replacement but is handling its...
  2. Patriot

Mellanox driver in memory conflict with amdgpu?

I will have to check with mi100 and cx5, what is the kernel and amdgpu driver version you are using?
  3. Patriot

N305 has a configurable TDP that can be changed from 15W to 9W. Any idea how?

No, I don't see anything in there that relates to TDP or power limits. but if I did, I might start there.
  4. Patriot

niche' ROMED4ID-2T PCIE Ports usecase

I wonder if it would do better if you used a redriver board from an X16 slot, or shorter cables.
  5. Patriot

niche' ROMED4ID-2T PCIE Ports usecase

link to what you purchased? I don't know if they support binding those ports together. You might have more luck if you convert an X16 to SlimSAS via adapter rather than use those ports individually.
  6. Patriot

Cooling solution for passive cooling GPU workstation

I wish I had noticed this thread, but my december was quite busy. W7900 should in theory outperform the mi100 in LLMs depending on memory bandwidth dependancy. Before AMD started publicing numbers I took their blogs flops/clock numbers and did some simple math. I also took what public numbers...
  7. Patriot

Mellanox connect X3 vs Connect X4

https://enterprise-support.nvidia.com/s/article/mellanox-adapters---comparison-table
  8. Patriot

Supermicro 4028/4028 with 4090s and cutting the cover?

you have to contact them directly to get blowers... they wont sell retail
  9. Patriot

Supermicro 4028/4028 with 4090s and cutting the cover?

Please don't, get 4090 blowers or RTX6000 Adas... don't chop it.
  10. Patriot

Minisforum - ITX with 7745HX

Ryzen 9 7945HX3D to be exact
  11. Patriot

Supermicro SAS3808 HBA firmware

RAID Controllers & HBA Storage Cards | Supermicro select your card and go download it's firmware.
  12. Patriot

AMD Epyc Siena and Intel Sierra Forrest all Efficient core socs.

https://www.servethehome.com/amd-epyc-8004-siena-launched-for-lower-power-epyc-edge/
  13. Patriot

[FS] Nvidia Tesla P100 GPU's - Another Price Drop - EDITED!

all of them work one is like 4.5w the other 6w or something like that. you will have to repin the fans tho... I printed the adapters.... lots of them lol. A34123-57 is one of them
  14. Patriot

[FS] Nvidia Tesla P100 GPU's - Another Price Drop - EDITED!

You need blowers, not going to push through them like that, not enough static pressure. Nidec Gamma 30s works well.