Recent content by PANiCnz

1. P

Lenovo Thinkcentre/ThinkStation Tiny (Project TinyMiniMicro) Reference Thread

Without re-reading all 67 pages of this thread, has anyone got any posts or other resources re tuning a M720q to be as energy efficient as possible? My workloads aren't particularly taxing so keen to make sure the device is running as efficiently as possible e.g. enable the right C states etc.
  2. P

Has anyone successfully used a i350-T4 baffle with a 4x 2.5GbE card? If so, which card?
  3. P

Supermicro Xeon D / FCBGA 1667 Heatsink information

Here is an alternative cooling approach for anyone without a height restriction. Ignore the budget Silverstone fan, only being used for a test fit. Will likely use a NF-A12x15 instead. Obviously limits the length of the PCIe card that can be used.
  4. P

Supermicro Xeon D / FCBGA 1667 Heatsink information

I just bought one of these to try with my X10SDV-4C-TLN2F. Hoping it'll allow me to mount a slim 92mm fan over the stock heatsink. Might then think about upgrading to a copper heatsink.
  5. P

Can anyone provide the specs (size, thread etc.) for the threaded inserts that are needed with a AOC-STGN-I2S baffle?
  6. P

CWWK/Topton/... Nxxx quad NIC router

What sort of power usage is everyone seeing with a N100 device? The recent STH review suggests its higher than the older N5105 units. I dont think i need the extra performance from the N100 so am leaning towards an older unit.
  7. P

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

Are the logs retained after the device has been powered off for several hours? I can see anything obvious in the logs to indicate a problem.
  8. P

Yip pulled it apart and everything was reasonably clean, definitely not blocked.
  9. P

My ICX 6450 is shutting down once a week. I have to disconnect it from the power and leave it for several hours before it will turn on again. Assumed it might be heat related, but the last time it shutdown was a cool day, and the room was well ventilated. Has happend three times now and seems to...
  10. P

Project TinyMiniMicro: Reviving Small Corporate Desktops

Thanks! That looks ideal but a bit too expensive. Will keep hunting and see what else I can find.
  11. P

Project TinyMiniMicro: Reviving Small Corporate Desktops

Has anyone seen anything similar to this rack mount option for NUC's but for these mini PC's instead?
  12. P

Does anyone know if a 2.5Ggbe SFP+ to RJ45 adapter will work in the ICX6450?
  13. P

Just picked up a 6450 but it didn't come with the mounting brackets, can anyone recommend some generic brackets off Amazon, eBay etc that will fit?
  14. P

Some information about HP T620 Plus Flexible Thin Client machines for network appliance builds...

After some trial and error can confirm they are M2 screws, same as used to fasten M.2 drives.
  15. P

Some information about HP T620 Plus Flexible Thin Client machines for network appliance builds...

Can anyone confirm what size screws are needed for the 2.5" drive mounts? Am printing this bracket but don't know what size screw to use.