Recent content by OstJoker

1. O

$36 *USED* 6TB SAS Toshiba HDDs

Backup Prophet Energy costs vary across the world (hi from Ukraine). Not everyone need tons of storage. I have a client who wanted space for video from few surveillance cameras. His requests was two: 1. Video from all cams for at least 3-4 days. 2. Low budget cost for project. I just want to say...
  2. O

$36 *USED* 6TB SAS Toshiba HDDs

Accepted 32$ for 5. Just oredered.
  3. O

EUR 40 Super Micro 4-Port 10GBE SFP+ NIC

Could you please share firmware? I also contacted them, - no response yet.
  4. O

4 x HUH728080AL5201 8TB used for $95 | Ebay US

CrystalDiscInfo will show health below 80% if HDD have reallocated sectors. So I am pretty sure they will have bad block present.
  5. O

Inspur-branded LSI9300-8i for $50

I bought two from this seller: Inspur LSI YZCA-00424-101 Raid Card 12Gbps HBA HDD Controller 9300-8i | eBay Both came with IT firmware. Was not able to flash one of them to RAID firmware.
  6. O

Inspur-branded LSI9300-8i for $50

Did you already try it? I am trying to crossflash one of this card IT to IR for the last two days. Found a huge guide with all you need to know about it here: Long story short, to do it we need to go this steps: Flash 1) INPUR IT -> INPUR IR, 2) INPUR IR -> LSI IR P7, 3) LSI P7 -> LSI LATEST...
  7. O

New Mikrotik Switch found for Sale in USA

1. This forum is called "Great deals" so I just wrote my thoughts in this regard. 2. Just few days ago another newbie posted "Super-puper deal for a great devices just because he is "closing his business" and needs money" - obvious scam. So I just wanted to warn other, nothing personal. If...
  8. O

New Mikrotik Switch found for Sale in USA

One more scam from a user registered this month? P.S. In Ukraine exact this model price is 175-180$ in all shops, so where is the "deal"?
  9. O

SanDisk CloudSpeed Eco 1.92TB 2.5" SATA $120

autoturk Seller accepted 45$ best offer but this SSDs are already out of stock (eBay seller: parts-met-servers).
  10. O

SanDisk CloudSpeed Eco 1.92TB 2.5" SATA $120

I purchased 3 SSDs. Two of them are working OK (77% and 91% Health and zero relocated bad sectors). I installed third one and immediately got SMART status reported critical drive status and recommendation to save data and replace drive to prevent possible data loss. Relocated sectors count...
  11. O

Intel Optane P1600X 118GB M.2 2280 - $59

Are they still existing? Any links for a model? I remember old devices based on DDR1 RAM and after that... Nothing seems appeared in the market. All that CPU cores, additional MHz, GHz, GB of HDD storage - all of that are evolution. SSDs made a real revolution in computers. I remember...
  12. O

Intel Optane P1600X 118GB M.2 2280 - $59

Why this drives are so expensive? Because of Endurance only? I have NVMe drive, I have SATA3 SSDs and barely notice difference between them. What is the fastest SSDs in the market wright now in terms of responsiveness and real noticeable speeds to say "wow!"? Any real benefits of making RAID0...
  13. O

6.4TB INTEL P4608 SSD DC $250

Unfortunately I've missed the deal and now the cheapest option for this drive is 370$ or more... ^-(
  14. O

Lenovo thinkstation/nice server/workstation

Use mail forwarding company. Recently I shipped tower PC via "Meest shopping" by see from USA to Ukraine. 20$ and 28 days of waiting.
  15. O

[CN] Seeed studio reServer 4C/8T for $274.50

2 fake-name Those people mostly compare solutions for their own tasks, not a Raspberry Pi vs Desktop x86 PC itself. And I agree that this things are both "computers" but completely from different worlds.