Recent content by originalworm

1. O

The Dell PowerEdge C6220 Thread

OK, responding to myself in case it helps somebody help. I got access to more hardware to test and I was able to solve it all. It's pretty simple in the end: you need v1 nodes in v1 chassis and v2 nodes in v2 chassis. Any v2 nodes in a v1 chassis will result in the fan running full speed all...
  2. O

I still have not fixed the fan running at full speed issue... I've updated the bios, bmc and FCB with the latest available versions but the result is the same: when starting the chassis from a cold start, during the first post, the server is quiet, and as soon as it display the MegaRaid...
  3. O

I got my hand on a v2 node, so I was able to try with 2 PowerEdge C6220 II but the result has been the same: the fans run at full speed all the time... I really hope there is a solution. I might try updating all the firmware version in desperation...
  4. O

Hello all, I was offered a 2 node C6220 chassis which I'm planning to use for my homelab. I've installed ubuntu on both nodes, everything seems to work however, the fan are stuck at 16k rpm and it's a pretty noisy beast... I've been unable to find any way to control the fan speed in any way...