Recent content by Ori G

1. O

LSI SAS 2008 flash update stuck

So nothing was working for me, I decided to try again from WinPE (bad idea I know) this time with the firmware from whitey's link (I had a different version I found in the FreeNAS forums). It worked! Quick and easy, no more alerts in FreeNAS. Thanks for all the help guys!
  2. O

I created the bootable USB drive with Rufus and I verified it works on a laptop I have here. The SuperMicro just refuses to boot from it. The USB drive is recognized in the BIOS. I've put it as the first boot device and also tried to use F11 for the boot menu pop-up and chose it - still no go...
  3. O

Thanks for he reply guys. Whitey, I have tried numerous times, created several bootable USB drives but I am unable to boot from it. That was my original problem and why I used the windows DVD. My board doesn't have built-in EFI BIOS and whenever I choose to boot from the USB drive I always get...
  4. O

The image above is just for illustration, I found it on another thread. I am stuck where the RED ARROW is. :(
  5. O

Hi, I have a SuperMicro server with an X8DTN+ and the above LSI SAS 2008 adapter. I used to have NexentaStor OS on it but since they do not support this old hardware I decided to install FreeNAS 9.3 on it. FreeNAS 9.3 does not support the adapter's firmware (version 5) so I booted from a DOK...