Recent content by optimans

1. optimans

Cockpit ZFS Manager

Hey All, I know it's been a while; thought I'd better give a quick little update. Getting closer for release of next version. Still bit more work to do, but should be good to go sometime in April. Few things to note (not limited to): PatternFly 4 layout ZFS 2.0 support Encryption with Create...
  2. optimans

Cockpit ZFS Manager

Hey All, new patch update available: 0.3.4.514 Fix: jQuery was missing due to spec change for Cockpit 233 If you are running an earlier version of Cockpit, this update is optional.
  3. optimans

Cockpit ZFS Manager

Hi Robert, When creating an account, are you creating in Cockpit? Cockpit ZFS Manager only manages individual shares for Samba, not the global configuration. If you are looking to sync your accounts, you will need to enable unix password sync in Samba configuration: $ sudo nano...
  4. optimans

Cockpit ZFS Manager

Hi @Ixian, thanks for the offer. Still got a lot of work to do, but making progress :). Will let you know when ready.
  5. optimans

Cockpit ZFS Manager

Hi @bmensah8directgroup, Have you looked at all the screenshots? All features are displayed there. Here is a summary (not limited to) of what is provided so far. Note, certain features / configurable options are only available depending on storage pool version and feature flags enabled. For...
  6. optimans

Cockpit ZFS Manager

Thought I'd better give an update on what's coming next. A little while ago, I teased about new features coming in 0.4; this will now not be released. I have started working on 1.0 which is written in React. This update is going to take quite a while as I'm doing a complete re-write of the...
  7. optimans

Cockpit ZFS Manager

Hey All, Minor patch update 0.3.3.404 is now available: Fix: SELinux contexts for Samba were added to new File System when switch was off during creation Update: Sector size dropdown default set to 4 KiB for Create Storage Pool
  8. optimans

Cockpit ZFS Manager

No problem. I see what you mean now. The 0's are a good sign. The read/write/checksum counts are error counts. If you have any errors, as the numbers grow, the color of the number will change. They are also reset when manually clearing errors, system restarted or zfs service is restarted...
  9. optimans

Cockpit ZFS Manager

Hi Marshall, no problem. Glad the Samba issues were resolved. With this picture, what information is not being displaying for you? It looks like the Seagate disks are identified a bit differently compared to Intel and WD drives. Seems to be showing WWN in brackets. Message section will hide...
  10. optimans

Cockpit ZFS Manager

Yeah, download and copy/overwrite the existing files for now. I am planning for RPM and DEB packages with 0.4. CZM is already on AUR for Arch Linux users (not maintained by me though). Little sneak peek for 0.4 so far: Sector size for Add Virtual Device, Attach Disk and Disk Replace modals...
  11. optimans

Cockpit ZFS Manager

Hi @minhneo, Thanks for the heads up. I have released 0.3.2.348 which should fix this issue. As of Cockpit 221 there has been a spec change requiring each package to generate their own PatternFly CSS. I have tested this on builds 201 - 221. Can you please test to make sure this works OK? Will...
  12. optimans

Cockpit ZFS Manager

Yeah I saw this a little while ago, they have added support for Polkit, so they can have normal users performing specific ZFS tasks as per their policies. Would like to know if they have started rolling it out on their customer's systems.
  13. optimans

Cockpit ZFS Manager

Hi @Wolfstar, This option if enabled, at present will remove the SOS Report package for Cockpit if installed. Should have no effect on your system, as it will delete the web folder only (as reported by cockpit-bridge). You can enable/disable option with the Welcome/Configure Cockpit ZFS Manager...
  14. optimans

Cockpit ZFS Manager

Hi @ewwhite, No luck I'm afraid. I tried a CentOS 7.8 VM today and was unable to upgrade Cockpit. Cockpit Project have removed Preview EPEL7 from their repo. Manual build for v201 also failed for me too. Using CZM on v195 does not work properly either; Lsblk version is too old, any functions...
  15. optimans

Cockpit ZFS Manager

Hi @ari2asem, no problem. Cockpit is accessed via port 9090: https://{IP_Address or localhost}:9090 Once you login, ZFS will appear in the navigation menu. A Welcome modal should appear and let you get under way.