Recent content by Oni.kage

1. O

Rack Alignment Problems

Thanks Aestr. I'm going to order a set and try them out.
  2. O

Rack Alignment Problems

Those look really interesting. Thanks for sharing. My one concern is that I want to be able to mount my 1U IBM directly under it. Do you think the extra thickness added by the Gruber rails will be a problem?
  3. O

Rack Alignment Problems

I thought that might be the case, but the screw holes on the rails only allow me to put it on an even unit unless I only use 1 screw to fasten the rail to the post. They aren't very beefy screws and this box is pretty heavy, so I'm not crazy about the idea. Chassis: Industrial Chassis |...
  4. O

Rack Alignment Problems

I just recently picked up a server rack and some sliding rails to mount my equipment, however, I'm having some issues with my 4U NAS and the "recommended" rail kit for it. Specifically, once the box is racked it doesn't line up evenly on rack units. The result is that the rack unit above and the...
  5. O

Infiniband problems

It was a bad cable after all. I sent it back and got a replacement; plugged it in and the link came right up. So annoying, but, it works now. :)
  6. O

Infiniband problems

Thanks dba. I'm pretty confident that the subnet manager is running properly on the server: root@ubuntu:~# cat /etc/default/opensm | grep PORTS PORTS="0x0002c903004aa20f" root@ubuntu:~# service opensmd start Already started root@ubuntu:~# ibstat CA 'mlx4_0' CA type: MT26428...
  7. O

Infiniband problems

I'm attempting to set up an infiniband connection between two MHQH19B-XTR adapters and I'm not having any luck getting a link up. I suspect that some piece of hardware is bad, but I'm not sure how to tell if it's the cable or one/both of the adapters. I have the Mellanox OFED package...
  8. O

I need an infiniband cable and I'm lost

Thanks for the help gents. I was pretty satisfied with the price on that optical cable you linked viper and bought it. No other mellanox fiber cables on ebay were close that I could find. I also like the extra slack because I may need to move the server farther away in the future (it's quite...
  9. O

I need an infiniband cable and I'm lost

I just ordered two ConnectX-2 cards MHQH19B-XTR with the intention of doing a point-to-point connection from my NAS (Ubuntu/ZFS) to my Windows desktop. However, I have no idea what kind of cable I should buy or how much I should spend on it. Could I have some help picking one out? I need a...