Recent content by one artist

1. O

NAS setup suggestions

Thank you so much. That worked and I now have the DS218 link on my Mac mini. I have spent so many hours trying to do this.
  2. O

NAS setup suggestions

Thanks, I'm getting closer. The NAS was first setup on a PC and I'm slowly switching over to the Mac settings. I still can't connect from Finder/Go/Connect to server. At least I'm making slow progress and I do appreciate your help.
  3. O

NAS setup suggestions

What do you suggest? From my Mac mini I can do a "find my Synology" and it opens and I logon. The Mac and the DS218 are connected to the same router but I can't connect them from the Mac.
  4. O

NAS setup suggestions

Thank you for the advice and the tutorial link. I tried that Mac guide and other Mac/Synology guides and I get the same error message. "There was a problem with the connection. Contact your Administrator etc." Maybe getting a managed switch may help. I may even go the route of getting a full...
  5. O

NAS setup suggestions

I have: Synology NAS DS218 with two 6TB Seagate drives, a M1 Mac mini 8GB Ram and 512GB drive, and a RT2600ac router with a Netgear GS108 unmanaged switch. I would like to add: A multi Gig managed switch with this...