Recent content by O.T.T.

1. O

Advice on choosing double socket motherboard for Epyc 7T83 or 7J13: TYAN vs Gigabyte

Thank you for the feedback, much appreciated. So, in your opinion MZ72 cooling does not pose any real problem whereas the pro given by added features and advanced BIOS are clear plus. I know that it's feasible to add small fans over VRM but I strongly prefer a simple and clean approach /...
  2. O

Advice on choosing double socket motherboard for Epyc 7T83 or 7J13: TYAN vs Gigabyte

Thank you for the feedback. Yeah, I knew that feature by Gigabyte mobo. In fact, it's the main reason for which I'm still considering Gigabyte. Also, I read about the poor customer / after sale service...of course I'm considering this aspect too, but I don't think any other manufacturer would...
  3. O

Thank you! I'm already a "follower" of your website since long time ago ;) Your work is commendable and a real reference for (computer) chess enthusiasts :cool: I was shocked to see the 103 billions nodes/sec :eek: from that "little" cluster by "confidential user": I suppose it's some...
  4. O

Hi all, I'm going to build a new system based on Epyc top-of-the-line 3rd generation dual CPU. Now, I need to select the motherboard and I narrowed the choice down to 2 possible candidates: TYAN S8253GM2NE or Gigabyte MZ72-HB2 (HB0 it's also fine). I would therefore like to know your valuable...