Recent content by Noob321

1. N

How to fix: BMC can't force ME to recovery mode when updating BIOS

2 Servers recovered. Very happy camper here. Thank you for your help. It's much appreciated.
  2. N

I assume the IP address to type in is the same as the address used through IPMI? Proving I am really a NOOB here
  3. N

Am I supposed to run the sum executable on my laptop and then open a command prompt on my laptop and then type in command
  4. N

I assume I am typing in CMD to get command prompt??
  5. N

I am getting error saying "." is not recognized as an internal or external command. If I have the file on my desktop am I putting in c:\desktop\filneame for Path to Bios file Do I use the < > ?
  6. N

I am using laptop. Stupid question... server shutdown but power cable attached or not?
  7. N

Thanks, I have 2 servers that don't show any video output after I updated Bios through IPMI. Both times it said update was successfull and asked to reboot, said Yes. One powers up and stays up but with no video output so I can't do anything. Wanted to retry Bios update but getting "BMC can't...
  8. N

Hi, Where do I type in this code. My server won't boot up after I updated Bios. There is just a blank screen. Server does have power, fans running etc. I get error "BMC can't reset ME to operational mode" when I try update Bios again ./SUM -i 192.168.0.107 -u ADMIN -p ADMIN -c UpdateBios...
  9. N

Hi, where do I type in this code?