Recent content by Nnyan

1. N

FS [US-CA] Aruba IAP-215 Access Points

I have six almost new lightly used Aruba IAP-215 APs. These were used in a professional office environment ceiling mounted. Work perfectly we just upgraded a site to Ruckus AX. Thought I would offer them here first before they go on Ebay. Looks like on EBay these go for around $90-100 each...
  2. N

[FS] X9SRE-F/E5-2630 V2/64GB RAM

Are you willing to split this up? How many sticks make up the 64gb?
  3. N

How can I establish VPN connection to home? Which affordable router to get?

I've had good success using Pritunl and OPNSense for VPNs (Setup SSL VPN Road Warrior — OPNsense documentation).
  4. N

How can I establish VPN connection to home? Which affordable router to get?

First none of these options will give you anything near a gigabit of traffic over the VPN. The R600 should work fine to use as a VPN endpoint at home just look to see what clients they have. You could always buy a cheap DD-WRT supported router (turn off the wifi) set that up for them and then...
  5. N

FS:US:CA:Sacramento Ubiquiti UniFi gear

Hard to see on the boxes but these are the 802.3af AC-Lites. Unlike some other .3af AP's i have these don't complain about any PoE injector I've ever tried with them.
  6. N

Free Switches (and other stuff coming soon) local pickup near Sacramento CA.

You need to spin it...Hon I really needed a switch and i got them for free, I'm saving the fam $$$
  7. N

Free Switches (and other stuff coming soon) local pickup near Sacramento CA.

Trying to get down to a WAF factor of less then 10. I have a number of items that I just want to get rid of. So far this is what I have (will update as I find things in boxes that have been sitting in my garage for a while). These are used and obvious rack pulls with plenty of rack rash but...
  8. N

FS:US:CA:Sacramento Ubiquiti UniFi gear

I have the following gear for sale (no international sales!). Will consider offers especially if you take everything. SOLD in Reddit (3) Unifi AP-AC-Lite Access Points Version 4.0.15.9872 Board Revision 33 $50 shipped each $125 for all three. Pending sale USG 3P $60 Pending in Reddit...
  9. N

Any other Plex to Emby migrants?

Thanks for the feedback. I'll have to look at doing what you did IamSpartacus.
  10. N

Any other Plex to Emby migrants?

Old thread I know so sorry for the necro but is anyone still using Emby or Jellyfin?
  11. N

FS - 8TB disks - GPU's - Supermicro 72Bay Chassis

I'd be tempted... but miner cards...
  12. N

Splitting up the AIO

I went from having an AIO for a few years then started dividing things up a bit. Got tired of the family complaining that something or other was down when I had to reboot for an unrelated VM.
  13. N

Media Server Build

Plex guidelines are fairly general as the devil is in the details. I think a better way to look at their recommendations is this: 2000 Passmarks for every 10mb/s of video stream @H264 4000 Passmarks for every 10mb/s of video stream @H265 This is the rule of thumb I generally use. You also...
  14. N

kodi or other media server options.

My wife's parents are in their mid-80's and after a few short sessions they are just fine with Roku + Netflix. Having used Kodi IMHO that's no easier/simpler then this. Besides EVERYTHING you try will have content that you don't want. That's just how it is. Have you tried just a simple OTA...