Recent content by Nnyan

1. N

mounting options - CSE-PTJBOD-CB2

If I don't have the standoff adhesive pads that Dave Corder mentioned just any 1/4" foam cut to size. Put on the bottom of the board and then just one screw to the best mount near the PSU through the foam.
  2. N

DX010 100gb switch $315 or BO

https://www.ebay.com/itm/226010562242?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=4bPONY06SIW&sssrc=4429486&ssuid=8QuAZZGFSDW&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY Not sure if this is a great buy.
  3. N

[WTB][US-CA] SAS3008 (or newer) 8/16e LSI IT mode capable HBA

Before I give ebay more of my money I thought I would ask here. I prefer a single -16e but open to two -8e. Needs to be LSI and able to flash into IT Mode. Thank you
  4. N

[USA-FL][FS] New/Open Box Dell Server Gear

I'm not going to price check all your stuff but an open box NSA 2600 is around $200 and used ones under $100.
  5. N

US - STH Perpetual Freebies Thread

I do travel down that way on occasion, I was going to pick up a server down by San Jose this weekend but they accidentally shipped it to me for free. I'll check to see if I have any reason to head down there. PM me your location and maybe I can meet halfway, the wife is on me to make room.
  6. N

Clearing up some items I just found in my storage (had no idea i still had these): R2208GZ4GC 2U barebones server (Gone) HP DL380P G8 (Gone) Unifi US-24 Switch. (Gone) HP 2810-48G and -24G switches. (Gone) Cisco Meraki MS120-8LP. I may need to remove this from my account I forget how...
  7. N

hello did anyone claim those CPUS? Thank you

hello did anyone claim those CPUS? Thank you
  8. N

Two older HP procurves 2810-24 and -48 port (J9022A and J9022A). Work fine office environment. Also have 3 Dell 7010 SFF barebones PC in OK condition (they worked fine when I last tested them). These were used with ESXi. I may or may not have the CPU for (some) of these but I haven't found...
  9. N

Supermicro (5037MR-H8TRF) 3U 8-node microcloud servers - $950

Just saw this post in LowEndTalk here: https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/184309/hardware-sale-supermicro-8-node-microcloud-servers Haven't been pricing these so not sure how big of a deal it is (if at all), but I thought I would post it just in case. 1x 3U SuperServer 5037MR-H8TRF (8 NODES) 16x...
  10. N

Advice on NAS build

I've seen some differences in performance/quality in the earlier versions and I generally recommend 8th gen and above but anything 6th gen and up should be fine.
  11. N

Advice on NAS build

That is what I ended up doing. Cheap slim HP with a G5900. I would recommend 8th gen or later (the 5900 is 10th gen). I have yet to be able to max out the max 1080p transcodes.
  12. N

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

I don't mind going to the CLI when I need to but junos just feels like unneeded pain. I'm by far not an expert but I've always managed to get a switch up and running pretty quickly, the EX3300? not so much.
  13. N

That's great as long as it's not a PITA like JunOS. I don't have time for that.
  14. N

I’m thinking of getting a 6450 since I really don’t like junos on the 3300ex I just picked up. I’m not doing anything too fancy on it (some L3 routing and VLANs) but I prefer a workable UI. What’s the brocades like?