Recent content by nilaykmrsr

1. N

Dell PowerEdge T640 as a Workstation : Powerful and Silent.

Hello @ElCoyote_ . I already have the mid tray with my T640, it's just that the fans in it are "standard" low CFM 10.6W fans. I had already tried changing the fan profile using iDRAC (while using standard fans in the mid tray) and it did not fix the issue. The extra cooling is overkill in my...
  2. N

Thanks @ElCoyote_ for your response. I have already installed the GPU PDU Board with the external fans, although I was not aware about the high-performance mid tray fan requirements if you are using a GPU. These fans are practically unobtanium here in NA as of now and some vendors in CN want...
  3. N

Hello @ElCoyote_. I hope you have been doing good all along. The 8269CYs work great on my T640. I have gotten to the point of installing GPUs now for trying some GPU based computations. I am planning to install two RTX2070 Super GPUs that I had lying around. I bought the required external fans...
  4. N

Thanks for the part numbers @ElCoyote_ . I had already ordered the OEM High wattage heat sinks from China. I had been following your posts on this forum for the past couple of months before signing up for STH Forums so I was aware about the requirement for high wattage heat sinks. I hope I’m...
  5. N

Thanks a lot @ElCoyote_ for the information you provided and for going out of your way to help me. I will try to get in touch with the supplier to see if I can get my hands on a 8269CY. My ideal CPUs would be Gold 6258R or simply the Platinum 8280.
  6. N

Hello @ElCoyote_ Thanks for the response. I would have loved to do a debugging session with you (I’m in EST) but I have already removed the CPUs from the server and plan on returning the CPUs. I did login to iDRAC yesterday and it just said “BIOS halted” in critical errors. It did not detect the...
  7. N

Hello @rafale77 , @ElCoyote_ I just purchased a barebones PowerEdge T640 for building a computational node (running physics based simulations) out of it for home use. I would like to know how's the performance of your 8272CL /8269CY on your machines? I bought a pair of 8273CLs from eBay hoping...