Recent content by Nikuuuuu

1. N

Headless AMD - mATX without GPU?

I've been running a 3700x on an Asrock B450M pro 4 without a GPU for years. It work great. You just need a graphics card for setting up any BIOS settings and your set up for whatever OS you are using. Then you take the GPU out and swap your network card in and set it up your new NIC over SSH and...
  2. N

Why Xeon Phi 7210 machine so slow?

Are you able to run cinebench in single core also? That processor was basically meant to do the same job that GPUs do(many many small parallel tasks) but with an x86 architecture so that it could run programs built for CPUs. It achieves this by having very weak small cores but having tons of...
  3. N

Why Xeon Phi 7210 machine so slow?

Yea there's probably some weird scheduling thing, would you be able to run a 7-zip 19.00 benchmark in both multi and single core? I think it would be really interesting to see
  4. N

[WTB] - HP Broadcom NIC FS215AA

Found out that the Z400 workstation is the one with the DASH support, not the Z440. I am no longer looking for the NIC.
  5. N

[WTB] - HP Broadcom NIC FS215AA

Hi I am looking for a broadcom NIC for my Z440 workstation that supports DASH 1.1. From the documentation I found that the FS215AA seems to be the one I am looking for.
  6. N

Advice for new build - Minecraft and home server lab

I have my own Minecraft server and I run a few more gameservers and other services at home so hopefully it's helpful advice. CPU: If you are running a Minecraft server you will want to have something that has higher single thread performance. I wouldn't go with a server cpu, and would go with...
  7. N

Current best affordable 10Gb dual SFP+ card for ESXi 7.0?

Where are you finding these cards for those prices? on eBay they are much more expensive.