Recent content by nijave

1. N

Best SOHO POE powered Switch

I've been using one of these MikroTik I'm curious if anyone has experience with PoE Splitters for use cases like this
  2. N

EU Alex's (gigatexal) all sold

Yeah, I think anything >Windows 7 (7, 8, 8.1, 10) should activate Windows 11 (I assume since there were free upgrades from those). Just activated 11 with an old 7 key a few days ago
  3. N

SOLD [FS] [NoVA] 1x 3u SM JBOD (16x 3.5) w/18 4tb HGST Drives

Happen to have any pics of the chassis?
  4. N

FS 2x PWS-920P-1R

Replaced these with the SQs. As a pair only $35 shipped for both or $25 pickup in central Ohio Google Wallet/Paypal
  5. N

Quiet blower fans for Netapp DS2246 disk shelf

Looks like there's a bunch of different models of the same fan bfb1012 Delta Electronics Blowers | Mouser wthi varying noise/air flow
  6. N

HP T730 8GB RAM 32GB Storage Thin Client

I had a similar issue with an old desktop and it turned out to be a fried motherboard so it could possibly be bad hardware
  7. N

FS: Intel DC S3700 800GB SSD

I'll take 2 of the Intel ssds
  8. N

Recommend SSDs for VM storage

Added some more details to the original post
  9. N

Recommend SSDs for VM storage

Any recommendations for SSD models to look for? I'm looking for something to store VMs on--probably between 400GB-1TB but not sure what to search for Edit: SAS/SATA 2/5" or 3.5" preferably used Budget is more of a concern than performance. They'll probably end up having 20ish VMs on them with...
  10. N

UPS Replacement Battery Source

Yeah, I've knocked the voltage down a little bit. The last couple sets of batteries were slightly swollen. I haven't had a look at this one yet since it's not at my house, but I may bump it down a bit more.
  11. N

UPS Replacement Battery Source

Where do you guys get replacement UPS batteries from? I have an older APC SmartUPS that takes a couple 12v/12ah batteries. I've gotten them from BatteriesPlus, eBay, and Amazon, but I can never seem to find a brand that lasts more than 2 years. I've heard Yuasa batteries are supposed to be...
  12. N

Vegas - WTB another small pfsense appliance

There're also various versions of those Celeron J1900 (quad core) and J1800 (dual core) scattered on Ebay in various configurations.