Recent content by Navy_BOFH

1. N

Xeon D-1541 Quanta storage servers on ebay

Has anyone found a source/replacement for the 3.5" drive caddies? I see none of the current listings have them. I was thinking of buying a couple more just as compute nodes since I have one with all drive caddies intact but hoping to find more drive trays regardless.
  2. N

Yup I have the wrong ones then - I have some Kingslide rails that look like what I would see in a Dell box... except I ordered my server back when these were first talked about... good luck getting replacements now.
  3. N

Can you send pics of the rails? I bought mine months ago - and I haven't racked it yet and wondering now if I got the wrong ones.
  4. N

[FS][US-SC] Lenovo Thinkpad X1 Extreme Gen2

Bump - still time before Christmas!
  5. N

Xeon V3 16gb 1U servers $325

That price is a bit steep. For that I bought the motherboard, IO shield, Xeon E3-1241v3, SM active cooler, and 32GB Unbuffered ECC for my home server.
  6. N

Multiple 1G/10G Brocade ICX7150-C12P compact switches for $150-$225

Would pair nice with the Juniper SRX300 I have had sitting around and a few Ruckus APs with the unleashed firmware. I need to stop looking on here!
  7. N

A bunch of Juniper SRX300 firewalls dumped cheap

Looking at Juniper TAC - the latest recommended version of JunOS for the SRX series is still 18.4-R3 which was linked in one of the previous posts here and I can likely upload again if needed. I just took mine off the shelf to upgrade and start looking into it myself. As for the licensing - I...
  8. N

Anyone have a problem with BitDeals Tech?

I have had 4 orders with them by now. First two were great, second two were during the COVID period and not-so-great. Granted, the owner made it right - but I was seeing drives failing in my home array as I was waiting on these and really starting to sweat! Their issue came from the sheer...
  9. N

Dual Xeon-D

They're definitely seeing the value in these... I paid $165 shipped for mine which I gave to a friend to repair when it showed up with a torn off M.2 connector - and others on here got working and complete ones for around $180. I am willing to go around $180-200 but not needing any repairs at...
  10. N

HPE EC200A Xeon D-1518 'hybrid server' on ebay ~$150

That could be nice for a low power always-on server for my house... if I could find the storage expansion to go with it as well.
  11. N

EU !VOTING ENDED! WTB Ablecom case CS-T80-02 - GROUP PURCHASE VOTE

For the price mentioned above I'd be down for at least one - possibly two. But I just realized we are still talking about an EU order and I am in the US... my apologies!
  12. N

Dual Xeon-D

Update to mine - looking at a few places to send it in for some hot air rework and then get to work. Found the CMOS battery holders, but hitting a roadblock getting the identical M.2 connector. Does anyone by chance know which Amphenol part would usually be the “tall” connector?
  13. N

Dual Xeon-D

Pads look to be all there - and surprisingly still shiny. Looks like it was a poor soldering job from the factory if it pulled off that cleanly! Only piece remaining is a piece of the mounting for the M.2 connector that usually anchors/grounds it to the board.
  14. N

Dual Xeon-D

Well I received a refund - no return shipping info. Guess he’s calling those boards a loss. I cannot solder something as fine pitch as the M.2 connector - I wonder if I can find someone that can and have them rework the board for cheap.