Recent content by Nate Carlson

1. N

Anybody w/ Mellanox Support contract ?

Looks like there is already a PR in SONiC to make RS the default on 100gbit ports.. hopefully it'll get pulled in eventually, it'd help! Certainly doesn't hurt to understand this stuff yourself too though. https://github.com/Azure/sonic-buildimage/pull/3775
  2. N

EXPIRED SanDisk Smart Storage Optimus Ascend TXA2D2 800GB - 60 GBP

I've used piles of the 400gb version of these drives - they work well!
  3. N

Anybody w/ Mellanox Support contract ?

Thanks for the pointer in my thread, where I failed to find this thread.. for what it's worth, I had to set FEC to RS on the Celestica side; changing the card side didn't do it. On my switch running SONiC, the following does it: sudo config interface fec Ethernet60 rs
  4. N

Getting a 100gbe link between Celstica DX010 and Mellanox ConnectX-4?

_hangs head in shame_ Thanks for that! Apparently my search terms were, indeed, lacking. :) For future reference, on the Celestica+SONiC side: admin@celestica:~$ sudo config interface fec Ethernet60 rs Modifying this on the Linux side didn't seem to make any difference. This fixes it for...
  5. N

Getting a 100gbe link between Celstica DX010 and Mellanox ConnectX-4?

Howdy! I've got a Celestica SeaStone DX010 running SONiC, which is working well with a couple QSFP+ 40gbe AOCs and ConnectX-3 adapters. I've picked up a few ConnectX-4 adapters (HP 840QSFP28, CX455A) and three different brands of DACs - but I can't get a link to come up at 100gbe. If I...
  6. N

Quanta QuantaGrid D52B-1U - Skylake, 25GbE NIC, Rails - $324.99 + SH

Is the BMC/BIOS link I posted above from 2019 the most recent? Any critical features missing, or just be good to have newer for security updates?
  7. N

CLOSED - WTB: 100gbe NICs

I ended up winning some on eBay, thanks!
  8. N

does X6557-R6 NETAPP 0.5M compatible as 40gb ethernet ?

Looks like it's a plain QSFP+ DAC, should work fine in theory. https://www.addonnetworks.com/products/dacs-aocs/netapp/qsfpplus-to-qsfpplus/40gbase/x6557-r6-ao
  9. N

CLOSED - WTB: 100gbe NICs

I'm looking for 2-3 100gbe NICs, probably Mellanox Connect-X 4 cards. Hoping to get a price better than what they are currently selling for on eBay. :) I just need ethernet, don't need the IB-compatible cards - but it wouldn't hurt anything either. I'm located in the Minneapolis, MN metro area.
  10. N

Well that's a bummer. Still a good price, but those would make it a killer deal. Are the risers included for the standard PCIe slots at least?
  11. N

Is there a RAID mezzanine installed? Or just the Intel SATA controller? Also, ae there 2 2-port 25gb NICs (total of 4 ports), or just one card with 2 ports? The listing says two cards, but the pictures don't show that..
  12. N

Looks like QCT has some of it on their site: https://www.qct.io/Download/index/CPU_Refresh_Upgrade_Package?method=1&category=0&c=11&t=1&m=1217 That link appears to be a BIOS/BMC update, it's old-ish though.
  13. N

Updated: US: 40G/100G networking, SSDs, Intel v3/v4/scalables & AMD EPYC CPUs

I don't see any Intel v4's listed, but you've got some in the subject; any chance you have some available? Also, any 100G NICs? Are the SSDs EMC-branded SSD1600MM?