Recent content by nasi

1. N

Linux Workstation

That's an interesting case. Pretty nice. Now I want to build another computer which I don't need :D
  2. N

Threadripper PRO 5000WX idle power consumption

I bought a Workstation from german company "Mifcom" with the Asus Mobo, a water cooled 5965WX and RTX A2000 in a Fractal Meshify XL. When idling it's nearly inaudible. Only under heavy CPU load it becomes quite loud but then it's mostly the 3 fans on the radiator. Don't know how to get the PCH...
  3. N

SFP+ cards with ASPM support?

It's not about NICs but at least a hint that ASPM "is a thing" used by Intel: enable an idle low power consumption profile for Intel Arc Graphics Desktop cards
  4. N

EU [DE] Nvidia Quadro P2000 for <200€

I also received a new Threadripper workstation yesterday with a RTX A2000 - looks promising but need to do a few tests. I hope it stays cool and quiet under load. The A2000 pushes hot air directly out of the case which is a nice feature for small cases. But it occupies 2 slots and is pretty...
  5. N

I'm going to sell a T600 (which is LP) soon. What do you need the GPU for? Under heavy 3D rendering workloads the T600 runs quite hot but I guess it's fine for video encoding or desktop usecases. It always depends on your usecase/needs. P2000 is quite fine for a small CAD workstation or FullHD...
  6. N

Someone's selling several Quadro P2000 from PNY for 205€ but is open for price offers. I've offered 150€ and the seller accepted. Now I'm waiting for arrival :) https://www.ebay.de/itm/265903594933
  7. N

12V DC for Embedded Boards?

That should be correct iirc. It wasn't complicated. Yes. I power 2 HDDs and 2 SSDs with it as well as the big fan in the front (with an adapter which reduces voltage to 5 or 7V) and also the mentioned temperature sensor. I may have used a SATA-to-Molex-adapter for this. I think I also powered...
  8. N

I have built a custom watercooling and am monitoring water temperature. But it's just nice-to-have since I'm not often in the same room as the server. So next time I have a downtime for service I may will put a switch next to it to turn it on only when necessary.
  9. N

Yes, absolutely. I'm having an Asrock Epyc3251 board and powering it with a Meanwell GST120A power supply. I made my own adapter for it, see picture attached. I bought a 8pin-PCIe-to-[something I don't remember]-adapter, rearranged and cutted the wires and connected them to the matching plug...
  10. N

Lowest Power Consumption NIC

You may want to read this Thread also. It's not only about power usage of NIC itself but also its influence on whole system.
  11. N

WEPYC ThreadRipper build: FATbild

Thank you both! That's helpful.
  12. N

WEPYC ThreadRipper build: FATbild

@awedio or @Patrick Can you tell something about the noise of the two fans on this ASUS Mainboard? In another thread it was said the Supermicro M12SWA-TF has a noisy/whiny fan which runs always at full speed. Is it the same for the ASUS?
  13. N

Supermicro AMD Ryzen Threadripper Pro Launch

Well, that's bad for me. I was going to buy the Supermicro Workstation for a loudness sensitive workplace. Anybody knows if the fans on the Asus or Gigabyte Mainboards are less loud?
  14. N

EPYC3251D4I-2T build

Update on this: my Alphacool Eisstation water pump died and is now leaking water. The system was running without water for an unknown time, I guess due to evaporation. Once I noticed the burning hot cpu cooler I added water while the system was still running. I think that was a big mistake. A...
  15. N

EU FS (EU+Switzerland): 2x 16GB = 32GB DDR4 2666 RDIMMs

Hey boys and girls, I'm selling two RAM sticks: Crucial CT16G4RFD4266.36FE1, also labeled as Micron MTA36ASF2G72PZ-2G6E1RI 16GB DDR4 2666MHz ECC registered They've been running less than a year on my Epyc3251 mainboard until I swapped them for bigger sticks. I'm asking for 80€/stick or 150€...