Recent content by nasi

1. N

EU FS (EU+Switzerland): 2x 16GB = 32GB DDR4 2666 RDIMMs

Hey boys and girls, I'm selling two RAM sticks: Crucial CT16G4RFD4266.36FE1, also labeled as Micron MTA36ASF2G72PZ-2G6E1RI 16GB DDR4 2666MHz ECC registered They've been running less than a year on my Epyc3251 mainboard until I swapped them for bigger sticks. I'm asking for 80€/stick or 150€...
  2. N

DC on Display: What's the most visually stunning storage array chassis you have seen?

I think Backblaze has published construction plans for their own storage pods. You could use these plans and build your own enhanced fancy version.
  3. N

EPYC3251D4I-2T - PCIe Bifurcation

IIRC the other option for "PCIE7 link width" is indeed x4x4x4x4. But since my board is running 24/7 I can't have another look into it soon.
  4. N

EPYC3251D4I-2T build

I've never used a backplane yet so noob-question incoming: do you need sideband connector to get backplane and drives working? Or is it just nice to have?
  5. N

EPYC3251D4I-2T build

I would like to check that on my system but unfortunately my IPMI is not reachable. Server is running since a while without any issue. Anyone else's IPMI seems to turn off? Anything I can do to prevent that?
  6. N

Which fiber should I install in a new building?

Thank you for all your explanations and test-reporting. That helps me a lot. I guess I'm going to buy some of that FS stuff too.
  7. N

Which fiber should I install in a new building?

I'm going to install some fibers at work too for AV-networking so I'd like to inquire this information more deeply: Wikipedia tells me that 100Gbit/s is possible with OM3/4 up to 70/100m. OM5 already exists too and supports even 400Gbit/s. My longest run will not exceed 50m. So I'm planning to...
  8. N

Server with very slow memory.

Yes, there seems to be no kind of hardware configuration mistake or alike. At least if the speed of 1600MHz is used. Maybe you could double check that somehow (BIOS, IPMI ?). For what it's worth I have tested "MBW" (nice tool btw) on my Laptop which has 2x8GB LPDDR3-1866 and Core i7-7500U with...
  9. N

Server with very slow memory.

There seems to be something wrong. According to it's Datasheet PowerEdge R910 should have DDR3-1333 RAM. Wikipedia says it has 10.6GB/s bandwidth per module. First of all you could check the details of your RAM with sudo dmidecode -t 17 Keep an eye on "configured memory speed" and how many...
  10. N

EPYC3251D4I-2T build

Thank you. I appreciate that very much. In the meanwhile I have upgraded to 2x32GB RAM and Optane is now SLOG/L2ARC for the HDDs. System is running since a while. I've installed Proxmox and have some Containers and VMs for Nextcloud, Tor Relay, Fileserver, Win10 Gameserver, Torrentserver...
  11. N

EU [WTB] DONE

Bump and edit of original post: added possible CPUs
  12. N

EPYC3251D4I-2T build

I've build a watercooled server based on this nice little mainboard. Bitfenix Prodigy case with insulation material Asrock Rack EPYC3251D4I-2T 2x Kioxia SATA SSD 1.92TB 2x Seagate IronWolf 6TB 5400rpm Intel Optane 800p 58GB (not in use yet, with Corsair cooler) external 12V PSU, MeanWell...
  13. N

EU FS: Motherboards, power supplies, networking, laptops, and some free stuff!

I'd say so too but somehow HP just writes UDIMM in their product specifications But thanks for all your information!
  14. N

Luckily my Z420 already has the newer version. But do I see it correctly that you have installed RDIMMs, @hmartin? So Registered RAM? I read Z420 would only support unregistered ECC RAM.
  15. N

@hmartin Thank you very much. That helps a lot. Going to check tomorrow!