Recent content by Nader

1. N

Need Help Finding A RAID Controller

Oh OK then, let me do some digging to try and flash it to IR mode. Thanks.
  2. N

I actually built another server with TrueNas Scale to use as a software raid (My very 1st exposure to TrueNas). The reason I am looking into hardware RAID is because my server board does not support it. And it seems like newer server board are phasing out the built-in RAID feature
  3. N

I don't need cache or battery feature with the raid card. It's only going to be used for the boot drive. That server board does not have RAID 1,0 or 10. So that is why I am looking into hardware raid so I can present the logical drive during the OS install.
  4. N

Thank you brother for the help. after resetting the BIOS to factory default, I was able to get the CTRL+C option to access the Avago config utility. But my card is in IT mode. I am not able to create any raid. So if I get the same card in IR mode should be good right?
  5. N

I know but I am not getting that though, which is weird right? I did play with the BIOS settings. Maybe I messed up something. I will restore to factory default and see if that helps.
  6. N

Hi thanks for helping. IBM Serveraid M5210 Inspur LSI YZCA-00424-101 Dell Perc H310 Raid card Dell Perc H330 12Gbps (that one I messed up because it was flashed for IT mode, even then it still does not show in BIOS) When you say their rom program, is that something i need to install show it...
  7. N

Hi Everyone, I have an Asrock Rack EPYCD8-2T/32 server board and I I'm trying to find RAID cards for. I am on my 4th card that I bought of off eBay and still no luck. I am looking for a RAID card that I can access during BIOS to create the virtual disks. I would like to get a 12Gbps card but...
  8. N

WS2012r2, Hyper-V, SMB 3.0 and RDMA

Thanks for letting me know. I stumble on a blog talking about RDMA in Hyper-V and how it is not supported. I am guessing because I use that NIC in Hyper-V switch it disable RDMA. So on the weekend, I am building a separate machine to test this. Thanks.
  9. N

iSCSI SAN With Windows Server 2016

Hi jwc, thanks for the help. That is the same blog post I followed and could not get RDMA to work. Can you explain the part about using SMB 3.0 Direct? Honestly, I don't have to use iSCSI. I can just create shares for most of the stuff that I am doing. This storage server will be for...
  10. N

Hi i386, thanks for helping. I have only one DAC connecting both PCs, that's why one of the interfaces has an IPV6 address. PowerCLI C:\> Get-NetOffloadGlobalSetting ReceiveSideScaling : Enabled ReceiveSegmentCoalescing : Enabled Chimney : Disabled...
  11. N

Hi Everyone, hope everything is going well on your side of the fence. I am new here and in need of help getting RDMA to work on my little storage/SAN project on Windows Server 2016. I bought 2 of these Mellanox MHQH29C-XTR cards on Ebay I have updated the firmware to 2.9.8350 My client is...
  12. N

WS2012r2, Hyper-V, SMB 3.0 and RDMA

Hi Everyone, hope everything is going well on your side of the fence. I am new here and in need of help getting RDMA to work on my little storage/SAN project on Windows Server 2016. So I have 2 PCs directly attached (no switch involved) I bought 2 of these HP/Mellanox Infiniband QSFP to QSFP...