Recent content by NablaSquaredG

1. N

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

no it's not, class 4 is 30W, class 8 is 90W, see here for example https://www.skyworksinc.com/-/media/SkyWorks/SL/documents/public/white-papers/understanding-the-ieee-8023bt-poe-standard.pdf or Power over Ethernet - Wikipedia
  2. N

Power Consumption Thread

Celestica DX010, IDLE (0 Ports active) @ 240V, Single PSU PSU Reports: 125.2W Power Meter reports: 142.0W
  3. N

2U Short JBOD Disk shelf - SAS3

NOT going to work. In this system, the PSUs plug directly into the motherboard. There is no way to power the backplane, as there is no PDB (Power Distribution Backplane) that has ATX power as in other chassis.
  4. N

Intel E810: Available breakout modes

Power Consumption of ConnectX-6 and E810-CQDA2 is roughly the same (ConnectX-6 need 2.5W more) No module lockout on Ethernet (it's a bit different for Infiniband), just some oddities (like the NIC refuses to run 100G transceivers at 40G if they don't have the Mellanox OUI coded) CX623106A is...
  5. N

Intel E810: Available breakout modes

Nope, you'll be able to get 100G (see report here https://fast.dpdk.org/doc/perf/DPDK_23_03_Intel_NIC_performance_report.pdf - Dual Port NIC with only one port connected, but clearly > 50G throughput possible) You need to differentiate between two things: Maximum Total Available Bandwidth for...
  6. N

e810-CQDA2 woes.

What does Kernel Log / dmesg say? I think I remember from my cards that EPCT only worked with the proprietary driver.
  7. N

Mellanox Switches - Tips & Tricks

Yes it will work. However single stream throughput will be limited to 10Gbit/s due to the way link aggregation works. Total throughout can reach 40Gbit/s but only if you have multiple streams (different source/dest mac or ip or port)
  8. N

1. looks like normal Mellanox, not Dell OEM 2. yes, upgrade to 3.6.8012 and enter the license license install LK2-EFM_SX-5L11-5M11-5K11-5T11-5U11-5G22-05J2-205N-2205-P220-88A2-L5T5-3MYW-9 Then put switch into right mode / system profile (e.g L3 single or whatever it’s called) 3. yes, but it‘s...
  9. N

Nobody who needs such a switch should use a WebUI anyway... (Ignoring Netbox with declarative management that automatically deploys to switches - but that's still not a UI for the switch)
  10. N

Yes this is known. Onyx has already been in LTS mode sind some time without major updates.
  11. N

Hu??? They are already on ONYX. There is nothing to convert ONIE is essentially just a boot manager that allows a switch to support different OSes more easily. Onyx uses ONIE
  12. N

QSFP28 100G DAC cables QTY 5/$50

Then beware of this seller and don't expect to actually get your order. For me he cancelled 60% of my order on the other deal