Recent content by N3star

1. N

Formatting Hitachi 600GB SAS drives

Thank you all, I found one H310 locally form an enthusiast, so it's already flashed. I'll let you know the results of this experiment :). EDIT: After formatting these drives they work perfectly. I still need to figure out if firmware flash is necessary, but I think I will manage on my own. Thank...
  2. N

This controller is in my country paradoxically even more expensive than 9211, so I have to pass on that one, but I really appreciate your help. I went on aliexpress and this contoller is over twice cheaper than in my country, so hopefully I will be able to use these drives. I've seen some...
  3. N

That might be it. In the meantime I updated firmware of the LSI controller, but earlier I could swear that I saw HBA mentioned somewhere during its initialization, but now it is nowhere to be seen. So... do you guys have any recommendation which card should I buy? The cheap-ish one that I found...
  4. N

Thank you, I've already tried that method, but on live Ubuntu. The problem is that the controllers recognize them but are unable to initialize them, they either go bad immidiately after trying to make a one drive RAID 1/0 on HP, I don't really know if you can initialize them in any other way as...
  5. N

Hi, I recently got myself a few of used Hitachi HUC106060CSS600 drives for my home laboratory. The problem is that they come from Netapp server and probably are formatted differently. My main server, HP DL380 G6 with P410i doesn't even try and just spits out orange light, Fujisu Primergy RX300...