Recent content by mwarps

1. M

Tiny Mini Micro - 3D Printing a bracket for a Lenovo m720q for AOC-SGP-i2

I received my Supermicro AOC-SGP-i2 today and started printing its bracket. I'll post some pictures in this thread once it's complete, along with a link to the thingiverse thing.
  2. M

EMC HGST Drive showing ~1/2 of correct number of sectors

Replying to myself here - After some pretty extensive searching, this drive is counterfeit. HGST model is obviously bogus, but it also has the short part number "0F23114" which doesn't exist that I can find. Serial is also bunk.
  3. M

EMC HGST Drive showing ~1/2 of correct number of sectors

I just snagged what I thought was a reasonable deal for a 2TB HGST drive. It's a HGST HUS726020ALA610. What's messed up is that when I plug it in, it says it's an HUS726010ALA610, which is not a known part number. the drive shows the following in my NAS: da9 at mps0 bus 0 scbus33 target 15...
  4. M

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

There's 301 pages of glorious info to pick through in this thread.
  5. M

After battling with it for over a week, I finally got SNMP working on my Brocade ICX 7250. enable conf t snmp-server community private ro view admin snmp-server view admin 1.3.6.1.4.1.1991 included write mem And I'm able to snmpwalk with: snmpwalk -c private -v 2c $SWITCH_IP 1.3.6.1.4.1.1991...
  6. M

So after getting the switch back up and running (very much in testing mode here).. The fan was not sufficient to keep the ASIC temps in low-range territory. I'm going to either 3d print a duct to work with a few extra 12V low noise fans from the side vent, or I'm going to have to put something...
  7. M

Sadly I have no scientific method to measure this. My "butt dyno" says it's much, much quieter.
  8. M

For another data point for those trying to make things a little quieter, I threw a Delta EFB0412VHD-F00 into my ICX7250-24 and it worked well. Switch boots fine, and it's significantly quieter than the stock Foxconn monstrosity. EDIT: After bringing the switch back up, the fan was not...
  9. M

HTTPS for non-public hosts via DNS challenge on local nameserver - complete HTTPs and DNS experience

This is split horizon DNS. You'll want to google how this works and how to implement it. Assuming your SSL is all configured properly already, the last thing is the split horizon, which is always the case.
  10. M

Yep. OEM cable works like a charm!!!! :)
  11. M

It's a knock-off rollover. Here is its pinout, per the ebay listing: (1-CTS,2-DSR,3-RXD,4-GND,5-GND,6-TXD,7-DTR,8-RTS)
  12. M

Yes, flow control is set to none.
  13. M

I have a USB->rollover into a keystone with the mini-B's green on pin 3, white on pin 6 and black on pin 5. Have checked putty on windows and a linux machine and nothing at all on either. I'm beginning to think someone may have blown up the console port previously. I'm going to order a...
  14. M

So I got my hands on an ICX7250 24-port unit. So far, no response from serial console, and the fans stay at max on power. First power up, it took about five minutes to "boot" (the fans got quiet, and an ethernet link established), but nothing ever showed on serial. Do I have a brick?