Recent content by mvmatch

1. M

power supplies for CS826 chassis

Thanks BlueFox. I suspected that might be the case. However, I was under the impression that the PDB-PT825-S8824 power distributor was the most recent version. Perhaps this is the most recent version for the old chassis? Do the newer 826's use a different power distributor with a different...
  2. M

power supplies for CS826 chassis

Well, if you download the manual for Supermicro 826 chassis and read the section describing approved power supplies, it lists the PWS-1K28P-SQ as being supported by these chassis. Not so. My chassis has the PDB-PT825-S8824 power distributor and this power supply won't go into it. I guess now I...
  3. M

can't remove power distributor from Supermicro CSE-826 chassis

Thanks for the note, l0rider. In my case the power distributor moves freely for about a quarter of an inch then hits something solid. It's definitely metal-to-metal somewhere at that point because if I yank up on it I hear it "clank". But I will look for yet another wire that I might have...
  4. M

Which PCIe riser card for CSE512 chassis?

I need a riser for this chassis, PCIe X4 or larger to accommodate an Intel i350-T4 NIC. All sorts of risers seem to exist all over the place, but I can find no data indicating which are made to work in this chassis. Are they universal? Do they also need some sort of bracket? or do they just...
  5. M

Thanks for the note . . . I've tried prying until I fear that I'm bending the frame of the chassis. No joy.
  6. M

Nobody responded to my prior request, and Supermicro tech support was no help, claiming that it should work. So I decided to try changing out the power distributor. Mine has no tag, but the new one is a PDB-PT825-S8824. But, for the life of me, I cannot get the old power distributor out. The...
  7. M

Power supply issues

My NAS server is a CS826 chassis and came with an X8DT3-LNF4 SAS1 motherboard. Like so many others, my server is at home and it's just too loud. The offending parts are the PWS-721P-1R 80 PLUS GOLD power supplies. OK, time to upgrade it anyway with a new X11 motherboard. The screaming loud 721's...