Recent content by mshook

1. M

2696 v2 for $16.50. 2697 v2 for $25 or less

What's a good board recommendation to go with these?
  2. M

What kind of board would you recommend to go with?
  3. M

That's dirt cheap indeed. Too bad I already have a dual 2696 v2 board! :-D
  4. M

Ruckus Wireless as an Unifi alternative?

@ms264556 Thanks for all the amazing work you did and are still doing on the Ruckus AP family. I Was able to modify a R710 US version to a WW version thanks to your guide.
  5. M

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

And I assume you power cycled the switch as well?
  6. M

Could be a stupid question but could it be you never saved the configuration and the interface in question doesn't have poe enabled? What's the configuration of the interface?
  7. M

It could be an ICX thing: I have 2 6450 and I've experienced micro power outages where my average electronic devices (TV, amplifier, NAS, PC, ...) would shut down or reboot. Except the 2 switches in question: they'd just be dead. They'd be electrically up as some LEDs would be up but they...
  8. M

EU [sold] [FS] Ruckus R710 WiFi PoE Access Point - Unleashed

I'm interested so I messaged you @tubs-ffm
  9. M

I converted your algorithm to python and yes, it works for me with unleashed backups (both crypting and decrypting).
  10. M

6TB Seagate Exos SAS - $46

Got 20 for $37 a piece from vibrant.
  11. M

Moreover, on my ICX, here's what I get for my R310: Port Admin Oper ---Power(mWatts)--- PD Type PD Class Pri Fault/ State State Consumed Allocated Error -------------------------------------------------------------------------- 1/1/11 On On...
  12. M

That is just brilliant. I should do that with my ICX6450, the only issue is the cover also covers the sides, so I'd have to do acrylic for side panels as well.
  13. M

2Gbps FttH with ISP Router 1Gbps Ethernet...!?

The issue is with this 2Gb offering, you don't have an ONT to connect to or to pull the SFP from to read the config... But I might be missing something...
  14. M

Server to server cable and NIC for low cost max speed

MDI-X has pretty much solved the cross-cable thing for years now: most proper interfaces do the right thing when it comes to connecting 2 computers directly with a straight cable. AFAIK it's the same thing with SFP+. As for cheap cards, you can 10Gb interfaces for something like $15 to $40 on...