Recent content by msg7086

1. msg7086

$144 X10SRM-TF with CSE-813

4 DIMM though. Great barebone if you don't need tons of RAM.
  2. msg7086

FS: US-NJ Local pickup - Netgear / Cisco 10Gb Switch / Supermicro 1U / HP S6500 / 24" Monitor (lowered price)

HP S6500 with 8x SL230s is still available for $80. Also found a 2U4N Supermicro X8, I think it's 6026TT, I'll let it go for $40. And a C2100 that's $10.
  3. msg7086

FS: US-NJ Local pickup - Netgear / Cisco 10Gb Switch / Supermicro 1U / HP S6500 / 24" Monitor (lowered price)

Netgear XS708E $250 No box. With ears. Netgear XS712T $350 (ebay lowest = 500) No box. With ears. Cisco N3K-C3064PQ-10GE with 1PSU $400 (ebay lowest = 1200) No box. With ears. Cisco N3K-C3048TP-1GE with 2PSU $100 (ebay lowest = 350) No box. With ears. Samsung 940T free Dell E2414Ht $30...
  4. msg7086

What 8TB SSD will you put in a new server build?

That's totally fine. People live their lives learning lessons. Some learned in the past, some will learn in the future. We shall see. ; ) I still recall people don't believe me about how slow a SMR HDD can be, and decide to buy some anyway. I'm sure they have learned the lesson soon after.
  5. msg7086

What liars? They are crystal clear to you that those are QLC, which means they perform exactly like QLC -- fast when write cache is empty, slow when cache is full. EVOs are TLC, which means they perform exactly like TLC -- fast when write cache is empty, slow when cache is full, but not as slow...
  6. msg7086

It's uP To 560/530 MB/s and Up tO 98/88k IOPS, so enjoy the few minutes that it runs fast, and good luck after that few minutes. Hint: I have that 870 QVO, and I know exactly how fast it runs ; )
  7. msg7086

Let me guess, your 870 QVO writes slower than your 7 years old barracuda HDD, and without PLP your 870 QVO will have a much much higher chance to lose data or destroy your whole dataset on a power loss than your 7 years old barracuda HDD.
  8. msg7086

Looking to upgrade to AMD Home Server

E5v1 is pretty efficient already. On idle they reach 60w per socket. https://www.servethehome.com/dual-intel-xeon-e52690-update-power-consumption-foldinghome/ STH measured it 120w idle on dual socket server...
  9. msg7086

Repair / replace SATA connector - HGST Ultrastar DC HC510?

Sometimes people just glue this to the drive. Serial ATA 7 & 15 (22-Pin) Male to SATA 22-Pin Female Right Angle Adapter | eBay
  10. msg7086

AMD making a fool of Threadripper customers - AGAIN?

For god sake, I have zero interests on changing your mind. I'm not your father or your teacher and I don't give a **** about what's in your mind. As long as you stop spamming the forum with the so called proofs, you can think whatever you want. You can think me as a dead man or a dog, whatever...
  11. msg7086

I lost interest in the discussion when I saw your statement that your proof shows a part of the truth. "Part of the truth" lol. You have been pushing strong arguments about AMD and Intel and trying to convince us by wall of "indirect proofs". You were desperately trying to cherry-picking...
  12. msg7086

To sum it up, it all started by the strong statement: But on the outside AMD fans are famously notorious, fabricating test data and bending truths with their explanation to their needs, while swarm attacking everyone who have second thoughts. There are also a lot of evidences indicating AMD...
  13. msg7086

OK. From the information you provided, I think in this case it has something to do with thermal and turbo throttling. The AVX2 based binary could have performed better if the AVX2 code was not brought down on CPU frequency by the AVX512 code. Under the same thermal budget, AVX2 will be slower...