Recent content by morty

1. M

Looking to spend CAD$3500 on a build to test vSphere 6.0 - Recommendations?

What cheap SSDs would you recommend? Edit: Perhaps these? Crucial BX100 CT1000BX100SSD1 2.5" 1TB SATA 6Gbps (SATA III) Micron 16nm MLC NAND Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) - Newegg.ca
  2. M

Basically we'd want to get a domain up and running and copy over some of our production vms to the "test box" to **** around with. I know this build is beefy, but I'd rather not have to order more parts down the road. Also, thanks for the PSU recommendation. I'll go with that over the Corsair.
  3. M

Here is another build I'm looking at potentially: Cooler Master HAF 912 RC-912-KKN1 - High Air Flow Mid Tower Computer Case - Newegg.ca CORSAIR CX series CX750 750W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC Power Supply New 4th Gen CPU Certified Haswell...
  4. M

Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Black Pearl w/ USB 3.0 ATX Mid Tower Silent PC Computer Case - Newegg.ca PSU: EVGA 220-G2-0850-XR 80 PLUS GOLD 850 W 10 yr Warranty ECO Mode Fully Modular NVIDIA SLI Ready and Crossfire Support - Newegg.ca Mobo: SUPERMICRO MBD-X10DRL-I ATX Server Motherboard Dual...
  5. M

Does vSphere 6.0 work with SuperMicro motherboard RAID?

Skipping eBay, what would you buy off newegg.ca that supports 4x 1TB Sata WD Black drives in a RAID-10 config and vSphere 6.0 compatible? This is the mobo I'm looking at: SUPERMICRO MBD-X10DRL-I ATX Server Motherboard Dual LGA 2011 R3 Intel C612 - Newegg.ca
  6. M

Does vSphere 6.0 work with SuperMicro motherboard RAID?

I'm looking to do a cheap vSphere homelab build ($3000 or less) and I can obviously save a lot of money if I don't buy a RAID card. I'm just wondering does vSphere 6.0 see (drivers) SuperMicro motherboard RAID if I just get 4 WD Black drives and throw them in RAID-10 on the motherboard?