Recent content by MortenB

1. M

Info on LSI SAS3408? Got myself a 530-8i on eBay...

For my 530-16i I was getting error messages when trying to flash with HBA_9405W-16i_SAS_SATA_Profile.bin. It worked straight away when I tried HBA_9400-16i_SAS_SATA_Profile.bin instead. Thanks for the help :)
  2. M

512 GB Intel Optane DDR4-2666 RDIMM PMEM NMA1XBD512GQS

What kinda power consumption Are we talking per 512gb module? My board has 8 slots and Ive filled 6 of them with 16GB DIMMs..
  3. M

whats the use case for them, can they be used as ESXi datastores or something else thats useful?
  4. M

I have an Intel Xeon Gold 6254 cascade lake CPU, but will this work in a Supermicro X11SPI-TF motherboard?
  5. M

HPE/Sandisk 3.84TB SSDs turn up as RAW after reboot

Not exactly a stunning speed by running CrystalDiskMark on the disks either. Im using PCI-E Passthrough for the 430-16i.
  6. M

I havent enabled SnapRAID yet, so that cant be the issue. Its just a Win Server 2022 VM in ESXi 8.0U1 on a Supermicro X11SPI-TF/Xeon Gold 6254. I had to Get the drives from 520 to 512 block Size since they came from a HP 3PAR SAN.
  7. M

Hey! I got 16x HPE/Sandisk 3.84TB SSDs that were decommisioned. Im trying to use them with Snapraid. However after formatting them and copying lots of data to them, they ALL show up as RAW after a server restart. Im running them on a Lenovo 430-16i and the OS is Windows Server 2022. Any...
  8. M

Intel X710 DA2 SFP+ card - remove heatsink?

Thanks a lot for the reply! I will see what I do when the fans arrive. I also have a single port Connectx-3 thats quite a bit smaller pcb wise, so I can try that instead if it doesnt work out.
  9. M

Intel X710 DA2 SFP+ card - remove heatsink?

Hey Im running an HP 562SFP+ in my desktop computer. Im about to buy new fans that are 30mm thick, and it will most likely interfere with the heatsink on my network card. I have no other free slots due to a 4090 taking up a lot of space. Is it safe to remove the heatsink and run without one on...
  10. M

Intel VROC module - vendor locked?

Seems the one I linked is Intel SSDs only. The Standard/Premium ones that accept other vendors are way more expensive sadly :/
  11. M

Intel VROC module - vendor locked?

Hey, are the hardware keys usable across vendors? Will this Lenovo part work in a Supermicro X11SPI-TF motherboard...
  12. M

Recommended m.2 for ESXi datastore

Hey Im building a new server based on Supermicro X11SPI-TF and a Xeon Gold Cascade Lake. Board has PCIe x4 m.2 slot, and the possibility of using something like a Asus Hyper card for the PCIe 3.0 x16 slot. I have a Samsung PM981 512GB in my old host, but its a bit small. Im thinking 1TB is a...
  13. M

Lenovo 430-16i full height bracket

Card has not shipped yet. Will try to order a 9361 bracket from China :)
  14. M

Lenovo 430-16i full height bracket

I managed to get a bracketless Lenovo 430-16i on eBay for a decent price, but Im having some issues hunting down a full height bracket. Anyone know a bracket that will fit? thanks in advance
  15. M

Release dates for Xeon d 2700 CPU’s and supermicro mbs?

Ouch, Im on the D1541 Datto board still. It has served me well for a few years already, but considering upgrading to either Alder Lake or new Xeon-D for new features and lower power consumption. Gonna be hard to justify if its that expensive. D1700 series might be somewhat more reasonable?