Recent content by morini

1. M

Topton 'NAS' motherboard.

I'm not running plex under truenas, I have it in it's own Fedora VM. Having said that, I am not having much luck passing the iGPU through as the gvt stuff doesn't work with this generation. I've read some threads on the proxmox forum claiming it works, but the solution given looks very kludgey,
  2. M

Topton 'NAS' motherboard.

I'm in the UK and bought one of these boards from aliexpress from the Kingnovy store to (primarily) replace an old expired athlon opnsense box. Running a bare metal router on this hardware is a waste of resources though (IMO), so I've decided to take the virtualisation route and do a dual NAS /...
  3. M

Topton Jasper Lake Quad i225V Mini PC Report

Ain't it just! I want to go back to the time I could run all my stuff on one sturdy ex enterprise server and not worry too much about the cost. Wife won't have it at the current leccy rates though :-( I hear what you say about headaches and downtime, but I've ordered the RAM now so I feel...
  4. M

Slept on it and decided to try the virtualisation path first. Have ordered a WD blue nvme and 2x16GB crucial DDR's from amazon locally. If I run into trouble I will order 1x4GB and do baremetal. Got an email overnight saying the board has shipped, but worryingly the tracking says "aliexpress...
  5. M

New here, signed up to the forum to read this thread properly. The thread is a goldmine of useful information, so thanks to all who have contributed. My very old "lightweight" bare metal opnsense router which had been doing sterling service for many years died a quick and painless death some 9...