Recent content by Monolith

1. M

Need help picking a motherboard

I believe SolidWorks + HSMWorks has the ability to draw and build the file someway or another. Have not ever used HSMWorks, but its function for drawing and building the pathway/gcode/ whatever file, is specifically what I'm trying to minimize the downtime on. If I can figure out if HSMWorks...
  2. M

wildpig1234- I have the fx 4000's on hand. Would love to buy better ones, but newer cad cards are outrageous in cost. Bummer neither of those boards have a x16 slot. Truly a non issue with cad software to run two 4000s at 8x? Peanuthead- So is the verdict then, even with a hefty amount of...
  3. M

helsyeah, I honestly don't know. Dated software, Modela player 4. Machine is Roland MDX-650 Use a different software to build the part, then open the part with Modela player 4 to build the cut paths and send to the machine threw it. Haven't tinkered with other software applications, not sure...
  4. M

Dug around and found the xeon processors wedged in foam between a dusty outdated box full of 1gb registered ram sticks. They are Xeon 2.66ghz 5650 (SLBV3). I guess I half expected something newer would out perform these buggers for pluggin away with building the file. I think I had debated...
  5. M

Thank you for the reply Patrick and Peanuthead. The machine is to be on the Production Floor(my garage turned into a fabrication shop) next to (attached to) the CNC machine itself. Primary workstation design work to be done on a different workstation in a different area(inside the house on a...
  6. M

I need to build a non gaming machine specifically for usage with CNC work. But I simply cannot find a motherboard that will suffice. I would greatly appreciate some help from the gurus in finding a mobo. I own four 240pin DIMM 16GB 2Rx4 PC3L 10600R ram sticks. 16GB 1.35V 1333 sticks. I wish to...