Recent content by molnart

1. M

BIOS-Update for Topton Mini-PC (FMI07A N6005 JK 4L-V02 CBOX)

it seems to be correct link (changwang is said to be the OEM for the board), but the download does not work. also i am curious how to confirm the board version
  2. M

Docker VM failing since migrated to Topton PC

so apparently a well know problem:VM freezes irregularly i wish information like this would be included/added to the device reviews :( (cc: @Patrick )
  3. M

NIC passtrough strategy

yes, i did set it up. in the end i gave up on passtrough entirely, as I am using multiple servers and the ability to migrate VMs between nodes seamlessly is for me more useful than some theoretical performance gain from direct passtrough. so for me the ideal setup would look like this: - vmbr0 -...
  4. M

Docker VM failing since migrated to Topton PC

So I've been running a Debian based VM under Proxmox for the past 3 years without any issues. However I recently migrated the VM to my new Topton PC and since then the VM hangs like every 3-4 days, becoming unresponsive to ssh and cpu usage jumping up to 50% (2 CPU cores allocated to VM). After...
  5. M

CWWK/Topton/... Nxxx quad NIC router

i have run Proxmox, OPNsense,a couple of VMs and 4 VLANs with just two ethernet ports on an old HP Microserver. having a proxmox manegement interface is not necessary (although definitely helpful) and you can run multiple VLANs across a single physical interface - both for VMs and physical machines
  6. M

you don't need a physical port for the linux VMs, you can use LAN1, OPT1 or a virtual bridge completely independent from the physical ports
  7. M

i cannot find out how to search this megathread, but based on the few posts i've seen its seems my temperatures are too high: root@pve-topton:~# sensors nvme-pci-0100 Adapter: PCI adapter Composite: +64.8°C (low = -273.1°C, high = +80.8°C) (crit = +81.8°C) Sensor 1...
  8. M

NIC passtrough strategy

I am wondering how to set up my Proxmox/OPNsense configuration on a 4 port Topton device. What I am trying to achieve: - dedicated management port - WAN port - LAN port to switch - LAN port to my main PC directly from topton (for when the switch is off, or i may be replacing it in the future)...