Recent content by mlangenheim

1. M

Dual Epyc 128 Core Rome Build - No Post

@mirrormax Do you know if Engineering Sample CPUs work on the MZ72-HB0 motherboard? Motherboard: Gigabyte MZ72-HBO (Rev 1.1) Link to Gigabyte website for motherboard information: MZ72-HB0 (rev. 1.x) | Server Motherboard - GIGABYTE U.S.A. I have the following Engineering Sample CPUs: 2x AMD...
  2. M

@NablaSquaredG I tried powering up the server from the kvm with the board outside of the chassis and it still did not post. I just noticed a post about overclocking ES Rome CPUs that was posted by another serve the home member. Supposedly sometimes the ES Rome CPUs don’t post depending on your...
  3. M

@ExecutableFix I just saw your Rome Engineering Sampleover clocking post. I have two ZS1406E2VJUG5 ES CPUs that I haven’t been able to get to post. I saw that you mentioned copying half of the bios in order to get these Engineering Sample CPUs to post on certain motherboards. That sounds...
  4. M

I’ve attached an image of the setup. I will see if I can get a video here in a bit. Thank you for the suggestion to try starting outside of the case. I remember that when I put the board into the case that there was one standoff that wasn’t perfectly centered on the hole for the screw. Maybe...
  5. M

@NablaSquaredG I have now tried your recommend troubleshooting... - Removed the front panel connector - Removed all addon cards (GPUs, SSDs, etc) - Logged into the BMC / Web interface - Opened the remote KVM - Poweron the machine via KVM There is still no post. I have also tried many more...
  6. M

I was able to get to the bmc bios by using a compatible browser. Now that I can get into the bios area of the bmc I should be able to change the boot order to usb and install Ubuntu Server. Athough since the m.2 drive hasn’t shown up in the inventory I suppose there won’t be anything to install...
  7. M

I just saw your messages so I haven’t tried the other troubleshooting steps yet. I’ll try them and reply as soon as I have attempted each step. Thank you!
  8. M

Epyc 7002/Rome boards - some new ones coming soon! (Supermicro, Asrock, Asus, Gigabyte, Tyan)

@TXAG26 Thank you for the tip. I was able to find the i.p address that way and log into the IPMI. THE IPMI logs look normal, just showing power on and off events and the CPUs are showing up just fine in the servers inventory and look normal although one of them does say that it was...
  9. M

I was able to log into the IPMI and the logs are normal and the CPUs are fine apparently. I am still wondering that the VGA on the board might be an input though because the motherboard’s manual lists it as an input. In the diagram in the manual it says “VGA Port” but further on down in the...
  10. M

Epyc 7002/Rome boards - some new ones coming soon! (Supermicro, Asrock, Asus, Gigabyte, Tyan)

Trouble is is that I don’t know the I.p. Adress for my motherboard. It doesn’t seem to pull up anything under https://0.0.0.0 and I tried running this Supermicro I.p. search tool from my laptop but either I’m using it wrong or it isn’t working. Software Download
  11. M

I haven’t tried updating the bios. Is there a guide in serve the home or a good one somewhere that you know of that shows how to upgrade a mobo bios when you can’t post?
  12. M

@mirrormax I’ve put together this MZ72-HBO build but it isn’t posting. Any ideas? Can you or others find any reasons why it is not posting? The fans all turn on and I can see green lights on the mobo indicating that the BMC and IPMI are active. The lights on the Lan ports light up when I...
  13. M

Hello, I am building a server and wondering if anyone can find any reasons why it is not posting. The fans all turn on and I can see green lights on the mobo indicating that the BMC is active. The lights on the Lan ports light up when I connect a laptop to the back Ethernet ports. Here are...
  14. M

@alex_stief Thank you! I was wondering about that. Thanks for the tip.
  15. M

I already have the MZ72-HBO. I was thinking of getting a Supermicro CSE-747BTQ-R2K04B 4U but I’ve read that the layout of the MZ72-HBO is better suited for a 2U server chassis. I figured that it may be alright in the 4U tower chassis if I put in a couple of Noctua NH-U14S TR4-SP3 Premium CPU...