Recent content by mikexrv

1. M

How do I control which application use dedicated nvidia graphics driver - CentOS 7.8?

I use cluster where on the headnode is installed only one graphic card nvidia Quadro P6000. The driver is installed correctly but my application use different graphic driver which propably come from VMware. This is strange because I didn't use VMware. I verified: systemctl status...
  2. M

how test CPU performance - CentOS 7

I did as you suggested, I checked the following settings on all nodes and each node has the same: CPU and motherboard topology, SMT on BIOS and OS set to the same power-saving settings Additionally installed pxz and ran below command which gave me full CPU load. cat /dev/urandom|pxz -T 24 -cv...
  3. M

I tried use stress but this tool use one process to load one core. It means 24 process is used to load each core with 100% load. Is there any tool on the market which use one process to load all cores? I will verify settings tomorrow. is activated CPUPOWER_START_OPTS="frequency-set -g...
  4. M

hi, I would verify CPU performance on the CentOS 7. I use HPC software on the cluster with four compute nodes (total 96 cores). I ran the analysis on all cores, which should load the system 100% but when log in to each compute nodes then command top give me strange information. For example the...
  5. M

AMD Ryzen 3950X Linux CPU clock strange behavior

Unfortunately the same results like in previous commands. Curious for me too. The results is equal number 3500000 not something like 3498523 or etc. It means this is not realistic. I have to verify where is knocking turbostat command which provide correct values.
  6. M

this command show only max base frequency , exaclty the same like the below one: # watch -n1 "cat /proc/cpuinfo | grep \"^[c]pu MHz\"" as Zhang mention above turbostat show real values.
  7. M

I was using: # watch -n1 "cat /proc/cpuinfo | grep \"^[c]pu MHz\"" but you are right Zhang, turbostat shows exactly the same CPU speed like in Windows. thank you for help!
  8. M

I notices huge difference in CPU clock behavior between Windows 10 and Linux with the same (default) BIOS configuration. Motherboard - ASUS WS PRO X570. I run test with all 16 cores (HT - Disabled). Maximum CPU speed (all cores) for Windows 10 is about 4.15GHz Maximum CPU speed (all cores) for...
  9. M

CentOS 7 fails to boot after storage removing

Thank you for suggestion. I verified boot options and there are only three options to choose and any off them is not my system disk. I have to verify bios settings deeply.
  10. M

CentOS 7 fails to boot after storage removing

I try remove HDD storage form desktop machine with CentOS 7.6 installed. Before removing the HDD from the chassis I unmounted disk and edited fstab. After restart the system hanging with balckscreen and hypen blinking on the left-top corner. After reconnecting the HDD, everything works fine and...
  11. M

Switch Recommendations for HPC Cluster

thank you for sharing info about RoCEv2 compability.
  12. M

the software support 40G, so I would test it :) Propably I will buy Mellanox Connectx-3 but first I have to verify which motherboards support this connextions. I plan use AMD 3960X or 3950X with ASUS Pro WS X570-ACE.
  13. M

You are right. Now I have to find 2 dual port NICs compatible with Asus Motherboard Prime Z390A and Linux CentOS.
  14. M

cluster is used for finite element simulations (FEM) and fluid flow (CFD) simulations. It is used for research and own enviroment. Cluster is build from four workstations and each based on the ASUS Prime Z390A motherbord. The whole cluster is very quite even uder full load. I suppose...
  15. M

I'm setting up a HPC network with 4 Nodes. I have set up a HPC cluster with 10G Ethernet (base-T) one year ago and wanted to delve into 40GbE for a new test environment. I will connect ASUS I'm looking for simple and quite solution for home use. Any recommendations or advice would be great.