Recent content by mikesteigerwalt

1. M

How do we change our forum Signature?

Good to know.
  2. M

How do we change our forum Signature?

Is this generally something someone needs to request access to or is it just something that should be there? Its missing for me too.
  3. M

Q: What Linux distributions support Intel's new X557-AT 10GBASE-T chip?

CentOS isn't my preferred platform. So I'm not too sure what 7 uses in regards to kernel version. Have you tried Debian though? Debian Testing has the 4.2 kernel. Id give that a shot. You should be able to get the minimal network installer, though not sure what version of the kernel that is running.
  4. M

what isp do you use for home labs

Sounds like what we deal with at work. We call CL, they dispatch Verizon. Probably not that bad.
  5. M

Blade G8000F-48-Port-L3-Switch 119 USD

They are not quiet. Unless you can dampen the sound someway I wouldn't put them near you. I can hear it from the garage when the door is left open.
  6. M

Need Help with my build, can some one stir me the right way?

It does require either a windows vm or you can use the vCenter appliance. Starting in 5.5, they started moving away from the desktop vSphere client. You can do a lot from the web interface.
  7. M

what isp do you use for home labs

I wish I was in an area with gig fiber. I have 100/5 connection. They are currently relocating our utilities as they expand the main road in/out of my city. I'm hoping that will bring some more competition. I have the choice between ATT uverse at 45mbit and TWC. The TWC has been pretty...