Recent content by MidnightWolf

1. M

Cisco router for cable internet, small network

Ok I have still not decided which router to get. Along with the Ubiquiti Lite I found this MIKROTIK RB2011UiAS-RM (same price as ubiquiti in my country) which might be better for me as I am using a rack and fiber optics SFP. I just don't know wether I can assign ip addresses for each port on the...
  2. M

Thanks for the replies, that Ubiquiti EdgeMax stuff seems interesting, I might give it a go!
  3. M

Hello! I need a Cisco router for a 60mbits down / 5mbits up cable connection. NAT is required for ~5 computers, and I do not want the router to be speed bottleneck. Is the 2821 router enough for this task? I've read many topics about cisco router throughput but I am still unsure about this...
  4. M

Supermicro riser cards

I am building my own socket 1155 server with a desktop motherboard, and I have many PCI-X cards from older servers which I could find good use for, but I only have pci express and legacy pci slots with capped bandwidth on the mobo. Only old servers consumed a lot of power, the PCI-X cards...
  5. M

Supermicro riser cards

Answering my own question now, maybe it will be useful for someone. Supermicro riser cards are NOT compatible with regular pci-express slots, they need a special SEPC slot (supermicro extended power connector, which looks like pci-express x1 connector, but not sure if it is the same...
  6. M

Supermicro riser cards

Physical differences doesn't really matter for me, I plan to buy a PCI-e x8 to x16 ribbon cable and insert the supermicro riser card into it, so I can place the riser more freely inside the chassis. What I am worried about is wether the connector of the riser card (Universal "UIO" slot) is...
  7. M

Supermicro riser cards

Hello! I am new here and I kind of didn't know where should I post this question, lets try here :) I need some extra PCI-X slots for my server, and I was looking at a Supermicro RSC-R2UU-UAX riser. Documentation says that this card fits into a "UIO" slot, but I cannot find it anywhere wether...