Recent content by metag

1. M

can't remove power distributor from Supermicro CSE-826 chassis

See this post. I experienced similar problem as you: https://forums.servethehome.com/index.php?threads/replacing-sm-sc836-power-distribution-module.30304/#post-280740 A little prying did it for me.
  2. M

Regarding Rack Rails.

Also OEM rails usually won't fit chassis from other brands. IMHO "Universal" rail is a workaround when you cannot get an OEM one.
  3. M

Beware of EMC switches sold as Mellanox SX6XXX on eBay

I don't know. :p It was there before I changed it.
  4. M

You are right. Reviewing the log showed that it was just seconds too early. tc overwrote it. Here is the script that finally worked (/etc/rc.d/rc.local, or /mnt/root2/etc/rc.d/rc.local from rootdev mtdblock6 #!/bin/sh touch /var/lock/subsys/local echo "Waiting for clusterd" COUNT=1 while true...
  5. M

Thanks, the script worked with minor changes. But it had no effect on fan speeds. I even tried to check for the cablemond daemon instead of hwd because cablemond is launched by pm after hwd according to the log. I am giving up now and use the tc hack if I want a permanent solution. Yes, I saw...
  6. M

I tried this and it had no effect. I then tried rc.local and it shows something like hwd is not running. How do I find out when hwd finishes loading?
  7. M

Good, I don't have to figure out what I did wrong then, :p
  8. M

Hmm...that is strange. I swear both PSUs showed up in 1002. So I assume it was a side effect of 8012. Yes, both of them are plugged in. And yes, all LEDs are green. And I have two 6012s. They both are on 8012 and they both behave like that...
  9. M

Another issue I noticed but saw no one mentioning: only one PSU is listed either from cli or webgui. I guess this warning in the log has something to do with it: Oct 15 16:03:52 MSX6012S1 hwd[5090]: TID 1208143072: [hwd.WARNING]: adjust_pses_number_according_to_machine: P/N:[(null)] for Dingo...
  10. M

Thanks for the hint! Will try it and report back. Just tried. I have the same result as you. "show vlan" and "vlan ###" are not recognized. I got curious and tried to create VLAN on webgui. It worked there. I was able to create VLAN and assign ports to it. But cli still says no recognized.
  11. M

I confirmed this works: MSX6012S1 [standalone: master] # show fan ----------------------------------------------------- Module Device Fan Speed Status (RPM) ----------------------------------------------------- MGMT FAN1...
  12. M

Just a shout out to all the contributors to this thread. My first 6012 conversion was done about a year ago. Last week I decided to do the conversion on my second one. The impatient me glanced through the last few pages, grabbed the latest guide and converted it to 3.6.8012. It was smoothly done...
  13. M

Supermicro PDB & PSU Compatibility?

Both of them should be wide. I have both a wide connector PSU (the 1K28P-SQ) and a narrow one (801-1R). I stacked them together and took a picture for you. The top one is the SQ.
  14. M

ConnectX3 40GbE only works at 10G in FreeNAS

Thanks for confirming. I am on 11.3. Silly me: I never gave it enough time to negotiate the link speed it seems. This afternoon, I set the port speed 40G then completely forgot about it. Now it is connected at 40G! :p The remaining question: can FreeBSD work properly with PFC on switch ports...
  15. M

ConnectX3 40GbE only works at 10G in FreeNAS

I am having a strange issue in FreeNAS: I have a few HP MCX354A-QCBT cards with 10GbE. I had one installed in my FreeNAS box. It connects successfully to my SX6012 switch port with speed set at 10G. Recently I setup a Ubuntu box to flash all of them to FCBT. After that, they can connect to the...