Recent content by mental0w

1. M

WTB [NY/NJ] Ucoustic Edge-3 12U

The saga continues.. for your own entertainment.. =D Both power supplies plugged in.. No SAS HBA Controller, no BOSS S1+2xM2 SSDs, no PCI Riser No SAS HBA Controller, no BOSS S1+2xM2 SSDs, no PCI Riser, no rear SAS block+2x 2.5" SSDs (warning is missing rear SAS cable) No SAS HBA...
  2. M

I did but it seems that it did not change anything at all I will try again.. I also might just start removing some devices like the BOSS S-1 raid card, the Intel network card or whatever else can be taken out.. and see if it makes any difference.. Otherwise it’s either uCoustic if the floor...
  3. M

Haha thanks tough Sogndal94 :D Running 5.10.30.00 after using the online update tool yesterday (pointed to downloads.dell.com). The power alarm is due to the fact that I have not plugged the 2nd PSU. Plugging it in, or clearing the alert logs does not change the min fan speed (which is down to...
  4. M

> You have set your minimum fanspeed to 42% I wish I could set it to 10%.. It actually have it set to "Default" usually, but clicked on "Custom" for showing you - it won't let me go below 42, so I'm guessing that's also what "Default" does.. > You can also put on fanoffset, and ssh to the...
  5. M

Thank you for sharing your thoughts..! Some screenshots below.. this is completely idle - I've just installed the OS and never SSH'd in. This server is fresh out of the box, it barely ran at work, just enough to be initially configured, then it was left powered off and boxed for about a year.
  6. M

Hi folks, I just got some R740xd / R340 / Juniper EX3400 / Opengear IM-7200 from work.. and would like to actually run them.. I live in a modest 2b2b so the R740xd alone is absolutely insane - min fan speed is 50% (apparently due to the 10G interfaces?). Soo.. I'd like to purchase a Ucoustic...