Recent content by mbze430

1. M

Celestica DX010 Microsoft SONiC 202305/202311 ports not coming up

I have figured it out. If I set all the ports to 9216 MTU size docker swss and others to fail. Going to report it to the devs and see if this is a bug or limitation of the Celestica DX010
  2. M

Celestica DX010 Microsoft SONiC 202305/202311 ports not coming up

I recently had the mSATA drive die on me in the unit and had to replace it. (thankfully it wasn't the Intel bug). I was on 2106 or 2205... either way I wanted to live a little and tried both 202311 and 202305 and can't get those QSFP+ to light up. I can't remember the life of me to get those...
  3. M

Brocade VDX 6740

It didn't downgrade. Still on 7.4.1f, but mentioned by another user, if I can still work with the switch in logical chassis mode as a stand-alone unit, then I am not going to worry about downgrading the firmware.
  4. M

Brocade VDX 6740

I just ended up default factory reset and install the licenses and redid all the dpod. still not sure why the update kept going into a loop either. But it's acting just like any other switch. I am not even sure why there is a VCS mode and Logical Chassis mode.
  5. M

Brocade VDX 6740

Need a little help. Trying to flash the vdx 6740T NOS v7.4.1f back down to NOS v7.3.x so I can bring it back to standalone mode, but I keep getting a loop Preparing packages for installation... ipmitool-1.8.8-1 INSTALL26: Updating the file system table... INSTALL26: Fixing up pdm wrong...
  6. M

need help w/ in-band management configuration for Brocade VDX 7640

I am struggling with configuring the VDX 7640 so that I don't have to plug an RJ45 cable into the management port, but instead be able to Telnet/SSH from anywhere to access the management console. Like some of the Cisco and Dell switches I tried following this on Reddit, but didn't work for...
  7. M

Brocade VDX 6740

need help backing running-config on VDX6740T I need to backup the running-config so I can upgrade the firmware on it. But I can't seem to get it to either do it from the USB (non-brocade drive) or FTP. I was able to copy it over to the flash:// but I am not sure if that get destroyed during...
  8. M

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

so I am looking at the Brocade ICX6610-24 with POE+. I want to replace my Dell 5528p (POE). I already have a VDX6740T. Is it going to be a "pain" to get all the ports licensed like the VDX6740T or getting firmware updates? I am also primarily looking using the 4x 40Gb ports in the back. need...
  9. M

Brocade VDX 6740

Someone mentioned micro code for the PHY micro processor firmware. Anyone have those? I am having issue with some issue with the 10GB ports as well. I don't know if anyone knows this but there is a v7.4.1g firmware as well. I don't have it. But I did find a release notes of it Network OS...
  10. M

1U Supermicro Server 6x 10GBE RJ45 X10SLH-LN6TF LGA 1150 H3 X10SLH-N6-ST031

thanks ended up having to factory reset with -fdl since -fd 3 didn't do anything
  11. M

1U Supermicro Server 6x 10GBE RJ45 X10SLH-LN6TF LGA 1150 H3 X10SLH-N6-ST031

Okay I need some help or suggestion. I didn't realize the IPMI port on this motherboard is dedicated. Thinking it was shared (Cause I need more ports) I set it to share. Now I can't get into it. Even in the BIOS all hose settings are blacked out. Suggestion?
  12. M

Brocade VDX 6740

alright I need more help... I am trying to setup in-bound management so I don't need a cable connected the management port on the VDX. I have been using these examples: How to configure management port in VDX 6740? : Brocade (reddit.com) Q A: How to configure in-bound management for VDX platform...
  13. M

Brocade VDX 6740

woot the port channel works now. However the 2nd cable I have is actually bad but all is well with redundancy :)
  14. M

Brocade VDX 6740

I am remote right now to physically attach the second cable but will try setting the port-channel speed to 40000 and hopefully makes a connection. sw0(config-Port-channel-1)# do show running-config interface Port-channel 1 interface Port-channel 1 vlag ignore-split speed 40000 mtu 9100...
  15. M

Brocade VDX 6740

this is mine interface FortyGigabitEthernet 1/0/49 channel-group 1 mode active type standard no fabric isl enable no fabric trunk enable lacp timeout long no shutdown ! interface FortyGigabitEthernet 1/0/50 channel-group 1 mode active type standard no fabric isl enable no fabric trunk enable...