Recent content by mauzilla

1. M

How to setup a PS6000 with serial to rj45 cable

I was gifted a PS6000 a couple of years back and never got to set it up. Having some time on my hands I figured let me plug in and see how it works, but failing now at the initial setup. I don't have the cable that came with it but on the PS6000 the console port is a serial RS232 port. I have 2...
  2. M

Strange PSU statuses in various Dell servers

We have a range of Dell servers (R710, R720, R520, R320, R820s) - I noted in IDRAC that some of the PSU's shows present | failure, however, the PSU seems to work without an issue. We unplugged the other cable and the "failed" PSU still works. Rebooting the server does not take the error away...
  3. M

Intel X520 not showing correct interface name in linux

Hi Sean, no this is for the hypervisor itself. I've got an Intel 10GB but my SFP+ modules are not compatible. Intel has a "unsupported" flag which I am trying to add, but I'm battling to get it working and suspect something is going wrong in the tech stack. I am installing Ubuntu now on the same...
  4. M

Dell R320 with XCP 8.2 First major issue is that the interface is renamed after each server / driver reload. I have brought the interface up manually and assigned an IP address, however, I cannot ping any IP on the network. Here is some info: [16:33 xen10test ixgbe]# ethtool side-9684-eth2...
  5. M

Not sure if this is normal, but I cannot get my network to work on a fibre card. Mine shows the following after modprobe driver restart: 23: side-9684-eth2: <BROADCAST,MULTICAST> mtu 1500 qdisc noop master ovs-system state DOWN mode DEFAULT group default qlen 1000 link/ether...
  6. M

Patching Intel X520 EEPROM to unlock all SFP+ transceivers

Has anyone ever seen in Linux that the X520 interfaces come up as "side-{randomnumber}-eth2" - It does not seem like the interfaces are detected correctly, not sure if this is normal behaviour for interfaces from intel?
  7. M

Intel X520 SFP+ patching issue on XCP 8.2

Just our luck, about a year ago we sourced some refurb 10gb cards (Intel X520 fibre cards) along with Ubiquiti 10GB SPF+ modules - We previously used Emulex cards with the modules and they worked fine with 10GB but was unable to source so considering "Intel" we saw no issue. Popped them into a...
  8. M

Rebuild failure with an unexpected response indicating all drives are degraded

Here's the zpool status -v: root@truenas[~]# zpool status -v pool: RAIDZ2-32TB-VMBACKUPS state: DEGRADED status: One or more devices has experienced an error resulting in data corruption. Applications may be affected. action: Restore the file in question if possible. Otherwise...
  9. M

Rebuild failure with an unexpected response indicating all drives are degraded

I have a 6 x 4TB disk RAID RAIDz2 A couple of weeks ago one drive failed, took it out and sent to supplier, only to have another drive start giving unrecoverable errors a couple of days later. We replaced the original drive and started an import which did a scrub and completed 100%, however...
  10. M

I am convinced I bricked my H200 - any last chances?

I have taken your steps above: I then rebooted, as I dont have version 7 but 5, I figured i'd give it a go: All looked in order, so rebooted, I did not see the bootloader during POST but booted back into dos I performed the next step: I lastly set the sas id: I gave it a reboot...
  11. M

I have never been so excited to read these words, we decommissioned a server at the DC and I took it over (I am about 800km from the DC) to do a truenas replication of some of the development stuff to my cabinet. I struggled to get hold of a H200 I finally got someone saying they can swop my...
  12. M

I can confirm that megarec3.exe does seem to pick up the card: Using megarec.exe however freezes the machine, so I think this is where I ran into issues? Would you recommend I try the steps again but using megarec3?
  13. M

As murphy would have it, I switched off the server yesterday and after turning it on now to test the megarec3.exe file, I see that the LSI bootloader is loading again: and doing a sas2flsh.exe -listall I can see it picks up the H200 but in a none operational state: Where should I start?