Recent content by MattTheTechLV

1. M

GBASE-T transceivers performance with NBASE-T - Marvell 88x3300 v/s Aquantia AQS-107

OK I am back home. My New Engenius AP Arrived so I will get that setup soon and then Plugin the 2.5Gb Link to the QNAS and see what color the status lights blink for 2.5Gb, But for both 5Gb And 1Gb it blinks a fast Orange (So I am assuming since there is no difference between 1Gb and 5Gb on the...
  2. M

GBASE-T transceivers performance with NBASE-T - Marvell 88x3300 v/s Aquantia AQS-107

That is an excellent question. I don't know about the new ones, but I can check on mine when I get home later today and report back. I believe the link lights only flash one color on mine, but I could be wrong about that as I have only ever plugged in 10Gb until recently, and I didn't bother to...
  3. M

Nice, that one didn't come up in my search. I already have 3x Of the Ugly QSW-308-1c's that I bought in I think 2017 or 2018, But I am glad to see that they finally built a low cost option that is black so it doesn't have to look so damn ugly. Luckily Mine were all in a rack closet I put up in...
  4. M

In Case anyone here cares, I just tested the QNAP QSW-308-1C, and it does indeed pass Tagged VLAN Frames, even though it is an unmanaged switch. So I can plug my new Engenius switch that has a 2.5Gb Uplink port, into the 1x 10Gb RJ45 Port on the QNAP, and it will negotiate at 2.5Gb Just fine, as...
  5. M

Mix 10G 2.5G, slow speed, high Retr

OK You are my favorite person of the day! I am glad you got me to think about testing whether my current dumb switches passed VLAN Tags or not. I never actually tested whether or not My QNAP would Pass or discard the Tagged Frames. So Many Dumb Switches I have worked with have discarded them in...
  6. M

That is good to hear because my experience out in the wild with clients has been less than ideal when it comes to unmanaged switches passing along VLAN tags. But the other thread on here about this topic I posted on as well (Just a much shorter version that didn't ramble near as much), and...
  7. M

Well, it looks like the one direct from Supermicro is the same price as the ones on eBay, so I guess I will just grab direct from Supermicro, not looking forward to spending another $600 on 3 of these. I have one last hope, and thats that My Old QNAP QSW-308-1C switch's that I originally had...
  8. M

Real quick, sorry to bother you, but if you don't mind have you ever tried these: https://www.amazon.com/Supermicro-Compatible-AOM-AQS-107-B0C2-CX-Transceiver-AOM-AQS-107-B0C2-CX-HPC/dp/B085VMP46L/
  9. M

Well damn, I wish I would have posted here before buying them now. But I really appreciate the information. I will let you know if I get lucky, but am far less hopeful now. I really wish there were cheap 4 to 5 port RJ45 10Gb, Managed (Or at least able to pass VLAN Tags properly), Switches. I...
  10. M

I posted a much longer and long-winded post in the other thread about this here on the forum ( https://forums.servethehome.com/index.php?threads/mix-10g-2-5g-slow-speed-high-retr.33217/page-2 ) But I just wanted to quickly say that I just discovered those same AOM-AQS-107-B0C2-CX "Compatible"...
  11. M

I am seeing that hot mess now. I had no idea. I remember vaguely seeing that the Ipolex's claimed to handle 2.5Gb and 5Gb when I bought them, but as I didn't have any devices using those speeds, I didn't look into it further, until now... I really hope these cheap transceivers do what they...
  12. M

Hello Everyone. I just spent the last few hours diving into this topic. The Reason is I have my house and home lab kitted out with both Mikrotik CRS305's & CRS309's, as the backbone of my House's 10Gb Networking. Up until today, I have only connected 10Gb Clients to my Network (Other than my...