Recent content by MasterIT

1. M

Bios Recovery via Chip Reprogramming Supermicro X10SLM+-LN4F

that was an interesting read. this board has 4 intel based nics which are on the PCIe bus. i should pull a rom dump of the chip now that everything is working for backup purposes. i should mention that when logged into the IPMI interface i didn't lose the any of the s/n's or mac id's so it is...
  2. M

that's stored in the chipset of each one of the modules. the bios is only the software that ties it all together. on the first boot after burning the bios the board rebooted 4 times to identify all the information from the rest of the modules. i'm able to confirm that the mac/sn/uuid were all...
  3. M

yeah, i was getting the 'could not set ME to Upgrade Mode' none of the jumpers on the board were any help so i was told i would have to send the board in. and we didn't have the time to wait for that to get done. this whole process took 45 min at most.
  4. M

yeah, usually you would have to lift one of the pins in order to let you read and write from the board. i was not able to program it with the clip so i pulled the chip off entirely as i had the zif to read it directly too. in my case i had the tools to do this but not the time to wait for an...
  5. M

X9SRL-F POSTs only via BIOS recovery process

i wanted to link a quick write up i've made that details how to recover the bios if the usb recovery does not work. https://forums.servethehome.com/index.php?threads/bios-recovery-via-chip-reprogramming-supermicro-x10slm-ln4f.27652/
  6. M

Recovering Supermicro (or any other) bios I made this write up For those of you that were unable to recover the bios of a supermicro board with the SUPER.ROM recovery procedure and have been unable to flash it via IPMI either, this should be a great help a if the only alternative you have is...