Recent content by Martin Thygesen

1. M

LSI 9266-8i experiences

So I flashed back to 23.12 based on this thread, 23.16 from IBM was available but based on reading, these are issues with read ahead caching on this release meaning coping files will be dead slow. Tried to enable JBOD using on board MegaPCli, no luck, I seem to recall this is one of these things...
  2. M

LSI 9266-8i experiences

Hey, not sure if anyone is still looking at this thread, I have an M5110 (basically the 9265-8i but with PCI3), based on the 2208 and initially it had JBOD support. I flashed it to an IBM rom of 23.22, JBOD was still working fine, the flashed it to an LSI rom of 23.28, JBOD was still working...
  3. M

Fastpath now a standard feature on LSI cards with new firmware, but IBM??

Is it possible to get cheap/free keys for the M5110 cards? I have one flashed to LSI's latest firmware, however, there seems to be very little benefit without the soft keys. I'm reluctant to buy keys particularly for something that i can't verify the benefit first.
  4. M

IBM Serveraid M5110 experiences

There a lot of forums around about the Z77 & 1155 socket chipsets not working with these cards, there are certainly issues, but in most cases a MB Bios update should help getting things working. Most of the issues seem to come from "sequencing" & signalling between the MB Bios and the Raid...