Recent content by Marsh

1. M

Toshiba 14TB SAS MG07SCA14TE 512e $80

After receiving HD , Please report back POH hours.
  2. M

Topton 'NAS' motherboard.

@xoxer Please share your mod bios for the BKHD N510x board. I tried jit-010101 bios , but I couldn't find ASPM enable option. Could you please post screenshot of the BIOS setting related to ASPM enable. thank you
  3. M

Additional Ethernet for Dell OptiPlex 3070 Micro

The 2.5GBE card that you linked worked fine with Dell 7070 mini and Proxmox. I have few Dell mini using the network card. Dell mini back plate has punch out opening. Opening is perfect fit for the network port.
  4. M

best NAS OS

You could moved the USB key license online once a year (365 days) without contacting support. To move the USB key license, use a new USB key, boot Unraid, OS would notify you that key is invalid. Ask what to do, replace key , start a new trial . You would answer "replace key", the whole process...
  5. M

Tiny/Mini/Micro PC experiences

Yes, I double check my Ebay purchase history for exact part number. I brought 2 for the HP mini. I checked the price that I paid $15.99 each. Now price is double.
  6. M

CWWK Pentium Gold 8505

I like to see the review , Please.
  7. M

Installing Fusion-io ioDrives on Proxmox VE 3.4 Debian Wheezy

Thank you for keeping it alive.
  8. M

New Contender for the cheapest 4U full depth rack chassis? [$110 USD shipped?] [RACKOWL 13 Bay 4U Server Chassis]

Rosewill RSV-L4500U You make me look, check Newegg order history , Nov 2019 , paid $119 shipped . it came with 3 x 4 hot swap cage. I had no idea why I purchased it. But I am glad that I brought it. It is still in the box for now along with a new SuperMicro X11SPH-NCTF Motherboard . Waiting...
  9. M

Used SM863 slow write performance issue

I had the same experience with slow write. I sent back the 4 Samsung SSD, life is too short to deal with slow write. Lots of cheap SSD nowadays.
  10. M

EXPIRED Micron 5100 PRO 960GB M.2 SATA new $47.6 + $8.15 shipping

Would you mind show us the ebay seller or listing? thanks
  11. M

TinyMiniMicro DC input from battery

Shuttle Global - DH470
  12. M

TinyMiniMicro DC input from battery

To work around the Dell, HP , Lenovo PS brick issue, I took a detour. Shuttle XPC have a line of 1L mini machines with dual Ethernet ports. It is same size as Dell, HP Shuttle XPC slso support s65w Intel CPU It uses generic 19v Power brick. no hack necessary. Google Shuttle DH470 ( I5-10xxx...
  13. M

EXPIRED WD DC HC520 12TB $75

GitHub - ezonakiusagi/bht: bulk hdd testing with badblocks script
  14. M

Proxmox homelab advice requested - low power usage, mid performance - Which TinyMiniMicro?

All the new modern cpu , i5-8xxx , i5-9xxx idle about the same 7-10w , idle power is similar to T series cpu Dell 5070 SFF is a versatile machine, x16 slot is nice to have