Recent content by Mark

1. Mark

AppNeta M50 Fanless and M70 for pfSense and OPNsense

Potentially an option for adding 2.5GbE support would be this: MPX-225 - 2.5 Gigabit Ethernet LAN Mini-PCIe Module - Global American It's the only non-realtek 2.5GbE option I could find. I reached out for a price and it's just a little over $60 for this card. I honestly don't need 2.5GbE for my...
  2. Mark

Ebay - HGST - Used 10TB SAS HDD - $62.89

I picked up a bunch... Love/hate with these forums as they make it so easy to burn money.
  3. Mark

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

I finally found a document that shows what cables they support and yeah its a no go on breaking out those ports for the time being at least. It appears that they have been adding support for additional cables in the later software releases. PDF with details below...
  4. Mark

Just tried a 100G QSFP28 to 4X 25G SFP28 Breakout DAC in one of the 100g ports on the 7650 and it does not appear to be supported as I'm getting the following from show media: Port 1/3/2: Type : 40GBASE-Passive Copper 1m (QSFP+) (Not Supported) The cable is juniper coded any idea if this...
  5. Mark

Picked up an ICX-7650-48ZP on ebay and it has not arrived yet. Wondering if anyone can confirm actually how the breakouts work or don't? The documentation says the backports can be used for uplink but then that will not allow the front 4x10gb ports to work and there is no indication about the...
  6. Mark

HGST Flashmax iii 2.2TB ssd $128

picked up 2. thanks for posting.
  7. Mark

... I was most excited for the usb c port :D It does runs a lot cooler than the 6610 and yes its a little louder.
  8. Mark

Frankenstein Modded Mellanox Adapters What The

I want to see the inside.
  9. Mark

Thanks for this just picked one up.
  10. Mark

Mikrotik CRS317-1G-16S+RM / 10GbE

Tossed this unit into my network and I was able to secure one of the S+RJ10 10gbe modules works flawlessly with the x540. As others have stated its really a dumb switch at this point but really is a great value.
  11. Mark

STH Aeon Mining Pool Beta Access

I would like to join. I have a couple of idle boxes.
  12. Mark

DELL JM42W Intel X520-T2 Does Anyone Have Any Experience Of?...

Not sure I've only installed one of x540-t2 cards into my Z170 desktop system. I'm running mellanox connectx-3's in all my servers. I've got a X99 system that I plan to put the other one into. I'll see where I land with that. Might end up getting different cards if it doesn't work with all my ram.
  13. Mark

Z170 is an intel chipset very consumer board... Your Z820 is a workstation and is likely running a Cxxx chipset which will likely not have an issue. Here is the thread I was talking about: DELL X540-T2 10 GbE NIC want allow M/B to boot There is also another post on dell's forums about it...
  14. Mark

I just recently got 2 of the dell cards and they use the standard drivers, you can even flash the latest intel firmware. The one odd ball thing and you can google this is that there is a memory issue with intel consumer chipsets where basically your system won’t post if it has a lot of ram. I...
  15. Mark

FS: Motherboards, CPU, RAM, Etc

Hi Guys, Unloading some of my excess hardware that I've got sitting around: 1x Supermicro X9DR3-F 2nd 16x PCI-E Slot Plastic Arm Snapped (See pic http://i66.tinypic.com/2s6823c.jpg) - $345 1x Gigabyte GA-7PESH2 - $300 4x HMT42GR7BFR4A - $220 6x E5-2670 SR0KX - $70 each 1x RS2BL080 with SSD...