Recent content by marcoi

1. marcoi

Enterprise SSD/HDD price increases :-(

Also not a deal, but memory prices are expected to go up as well due to recent earthquakes. Seems like ill be keeping my old stuff running without upgrades thru 2024.
  2. marcoi

ESXi with an Multi USB Card?

i had one such usb card, it had 4 individual chips or one per port, but i cant seem to find the details from my old emails. I dont know where the card is, it maybe in a server. i also used this 2 port card 2 Port PCIe USB 3.0 Card w/ SATA Power - USB 3.0 Cards | Add-on Cards & Peripherals |...
  3. marcoi

Help to setup opnsense for ATT static IP block

anyone know how to force vlan65 traffic out the ATT wan interface? vlan65 is setup on Lan out, not sure if my issue is due to have group of gatways in place.
  4. marcoi

Dell R730xd Memory Layout

IDK about the LRDIMM but if it doesnt show in the manual for the server it's probably not technically supported. I have 256GB using 16x16GB memory. See below.
  5. marcoi

I have them assigned to a vlan on the main lan out of opnsense. The plan is to assign individual boxes an external ip address to allow services etc. Here is a diagram ATT WAN comes in and is passthru NIC to the opnsense VM. VWZ goes to switch where it is tagged as vlan 2, it sent to...
  6. marcoi

doesnt seem to matter if i change the IPs still not working Right now Interface opt2 is called ATT_EXT_WAN_VL65. is using the LAN interface with VLAN of 65. IP is setup as 65.1.1.69 /29 and gateway points to 65.1.1.70 .
  7. marcoi

my address block starts at .65/29 so usable ports are .65 to .69, so I have the interface ip set to .70 and the gateway ip set to .71. That is how i had it setup in pfsense. maybe i am wrong on the start, ill have to double check my notes.
  8. marcoi

Device is BGW210, but I no longer use it. Traffic isnt going out from static ip when using the gateway setup for static block. It will go out if do not use that gateway but then my whoami IP is still the DHCP and not the static ip address. I have 3 gateways setup. ATT DHCP and VZW DHCP, they...
  9. marcoi

I have moved away from pfsense onto opnsense. I have it virtualized and setup with two wans right now. One WAN is ATT fiber and the other verizon internet. The two WANs are working as expected. For ATT, i use wpa_supplication bypass mode with certs. I get DHCP address from ATT. My issue is i...
  10. marcoi

Seagate Exos X22 20TB Manufacturer refurbished for $209 ($196 on ebay)

how loud are these drives? Do they run hot? I have some old WD red 8TB and thinking or replacing them but dont want loud clicking drives.
  11. marcoi

VMware End of Availability on Many VMware vSphere Editions

any idea if this would have an impact on VMUG?
  12. marcoi

$70 Dual LAN Mini PC w/ i3-1115G4, 8GB, internal PSU

notes so far: Windows 11 runs on it without issues. the included Windows 10 IOT license does not work on upgrading to W11. Nvme drive works when replacing the original drive, make sure to set jumper from sata to pcie. Its fairly quiet (at least in my server room lol) Feel zippy for 4 core unit...
  13. marcoi

Anyone know where to find bios updates for this thing? I got mine yesterday and it's what the OP said. Already spent more on 64 GB ram kit and WiFi card. Will replace the drive and install w11.
  14. marcoi

Thinking about upgrading the switch, is this a dumb idea?

I just got Aruba 1960 switch from Provantage on sale for 654. My goal is silent switches to replace some ancient dell switches that are loud. I only need L2 which this switch does. So far, it's fairly nice with a simple web gui. I liked the 1960 since it 24 port, plus 2 sfp+ and 2 10GB rj45...
  15. marcoi

i got one, should get it Saturday. I was thinking of using it as a htpc device. we see once i play with it.