Recent content by lundrog

1. lundrog

Socket 2011 square & narrow ILM active cooling solutions

found one I had grabbed for some random build for a kid laying around. haha
  2. lundrog

any idea if a A70 cooler could be used with a third party bracket?
  3. lundrog

thanks. would the Noctua NH-U12S Redux work? lists it on the website. otherwise saw...
  4. lundrog

what cooler is the middle one?
  5. lundrog

guys looking at putting a couple 2687W V3's from a dell R730, into a Gigabyte MD70-HB0 in my corsair 900D . thoughts on my best option?
  6. lundrog

Updating the HGST HDD & SSD firmware

I have four ssd1600mr ( HUSMR1650ASS201 ) in my R730 that I had in raid 10 for about two weeks, and now all show failed, anyway to flash the firmware from windows 11? I have about 20 more of these, but I would prefer not to brick them all....
  7. lundrog

IBM x3650 M4 vsphere 7 Raid HBA

I have gotten my hands on three x3650 M4's that have been retired. I know that they support vsphere 7 , but the LSI 92xx raid cards they had in them do not. i'm trying a HP240 hba and having trouble getting it to boot. Anyone have any card that support vsphere 7 and are known to work in a...
  8. lundrog

Best tweaks for reducing ESXi idle power consumption?

vSphere is not necessarily made to save power, but get the most out of your hardware.. Your only bet would be setting bios settings. You could use DPM with licensed VMware vSphere. A good overview of DPM. http://www.vmware.com/files/pdf/Distributed-Power-Management-vSphere.pdf
  9. lundrog

What's the physically smallest/low power WINDOWS server hardware ?

Just suggesting a different option. Some interesting write ups on the nuc as well. Part 1: The NUC Arrival | FailSys Part 2: ESXi Owning The NUC | FailSys Part 3: Powering a NUC off a hamster wheel | FailSys Part 4: The NUC for Weight Weenies | FailSys NanoLab – Running VMware vSphere...
  10. lundrog

What's the physically smallest/low power WINDOWS server hardware ?

You can load VMware esxi on them. Your limited in max memory, but a small box and not so expensive used.
  11. lundrog

Fiber Channel Howto?

I have in the past loaded ESXi on those boxes, in a two node config with vCenter at least you would have mobility, etc. Not on HCL, but it's basically a Dell R720.
  12. lundrog

1yr VMWare VMUG Voucher - $39!!!

+1.. A leader as well. Netwise, what state?