Recent content by LucidityCrash

1. L

Topton Jasper Lake Quad i225V Mini PC Report

on my board there is a 4 pin CPU Fan header :)
  2. L

Absolutely not, and to be fair the one that I got is not bad at all ... I agree with others that there really is enough thermal mass in the case (specifically for the N6005), it's not just a matter of the quality of the paste or the copper block etc, transfer is good, there isn't any obvious hot...
  3. L

Unfortunately I don't have that option as mine was delivered much more than 15 days ago. I went back to them saying I wasn't willing to post it back under the conditions they specified so could they give me a partial refund. At which point they started to play dumb and asked me how they...
  4. L

How have you guys returned units ? ... just got a message effectively telling me to commit customs fraud to return it
  5. L

Ouch ... I got a proper 12v, 5a (60W) power brick that has a UK kettle lead. You are correct but when the case is actually too hot to hold for more than a few seconds you do have to wonder :). Interestingly with OpnSense (freebsd) my temps when using the coretemps module were all over the...
  6. L

Yeah, can still contact PayPal. Been playing with it more today, doing some bios tweeking, tunable tweeking in OpnSense and adding the fan ( in addition to repasting the heatsink the other day) and the Idle temp is now down to 35-45C. I have to ask am I making a mountain out of a mole hill...
  7. L

This is what I'm seeing in lscpu : Architecture: amd64 Byte Order: Little Endian Total CPU(s): 4 Thread(s) per core: 1 Core(s) per socket: 4 Socket(s): 1 Vendor: GenuineIntel CPU family: 6 Model...
  8. L

Just joined in here so I could see the pictures in this thread. I too got an ES chip. Unfortunately I got mine at the end of May and thanks to this thread just found this out :( Talking with Topton is a nightmare ... just got this : "Sorry dear,you should know that the QS version of the CPU...