Recent content by losx

1. L

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

It's for "building his resume"... I can see how he gathered so much experience! If you are married you have a very forgiving wife lol.
  2. L

Funny you mention this... I am debating using my FreeNAS installation as well or maybe a dedicated raspberry pi just for dhcp and dns and pi-hole
  3. L

@neb50 I posted the screens above your post... unfortunately I have to create a network which seems to create and interface and DHCP at the same time. I have no way to just do DHCP it seems
  4. L

I want to thank everyone for the help. I set it all up minus the DHCP server and the ip helper and it worked. If I assigned a static IP and did traceroute etc I saw everything work fine. Inter vlan routing works and going out to the web. The second I would add a network in the unifi gateway with...
  5. L

So I played with it for a while and it I think the issue is with the UDMP managing the DHCP portion... The only way to do it is to create a new network on the UDMP which doesn't seem right...
  6. L

This is the config after I pared it down quite a bit... I started as a layer 2 switch with multiple vlans and that worked fine (router doing routing). Then the posts said setup intervlan routing and remove the internet entirely and I got that to work... when I started to add the transit gateway...
  7. L

So the problem I am running into is if I take vlan 40 for example and remove the tag to e 1/2/1 which is on vlan 2 I can no longer ping anything outside the switch. Within the switch I can access other vlans but I lose access to the anything outside the switch and outside the switch I can't get...
  8. L

ah yeah I just noticed I need to change those to 10.0.20.1 and 10.0.30.1 etc
  9. L

Sorry I figured I should have put config in. vlan 1 name DEFAULT-VLAN by port router-interface ve 1 ! vlan 2 name Transit by port tagged ethe 1/2/1 router-interface ve 2 ! vlan 20 name Cameras by port tagged ethe 1/2/1 untagged ethe 1/1/1 router-interface ve 20 ...
  10. L

Have a question and wonder if I am screwing things up. Got it all to work as a layer 2 switch but now I am trying to use the icx6450 to do intervlan routing. I setup 2 vlans 20 (10.0.20.0) Port 1 and 30(10.0.30.0) Port 24 on the switch. I can ping between the different devices on separate...
  11. L

Its not bad but then it's a layer 3 capable switch acting as a layer 2 switch. Since I have my desktop with a 10GB card and server I would prefer to transfer across the switch at full wire speed without going back to the router. Also I have IPS enabled on the router which will slow down traffic...
  12. L

Have a question that hopefully someone can answer though it is related more to unifi gear. I have a 6450 that I have watched the videos on and gone through and set up 3 of my vlan's so far with poe power etc and I have it working BUT I have my UDMP doing the routing through the SFP+ port. I...
  13. L

Help with Switch & possibly Firewall

I hear that greg! CLos: what DAC or SFP+ module did you leverage since I will know that works. I know the brocade isn't picky but it seems the udmp might be. Since it seems like you didnt have any issues I guess its time to start learning the brocade cli a little better...
  14. L

That is helpful and I do agree it is much easier managing in unifi after seeing videos and reading tutorials on the icx switch. If you use it as just a L2 switch then why not get a unifi switch except those wont have SFP+?
  15. L

I am working on my new hardware for my home rack and was hoping I could get some help/recommendations/tell me I am being dumb. Currently I am running: Unifi UDM Pro non managed switch (for the moment) Unifi AP's Unifi Camera's FreeNas server with storage, plex and a few other goodies and VM's...